Chapter 14

🔹Chapter 14🔹

*Kili's POV*

"You may not enter", the elven guard says. "But she's dying!" I cry, gesturing to my daughter's limp body draped over Tauriel's arms. Her tiny forehead is beaded with sweat and a pained look is etched on her face, eyes shut, not opening. "You may not enter, by order of the king" the elven guard re-states.

I deeply exhale, looking down in defeat. I hear a small growl release Tauriel's throat, her brow furrowed in frustration. In any other situation, I would have smiled and embraced her, laughing at how cute she was when she was mad, but this time, it was serious.

She handed Areth off to me, storming towards the guard, shouting furiously in elvish. She yelled in their faces, telling them off. I looked at her shocked, surprised that my little elf could yell like that. After her fit, she stomped her foot on the floor like a little girl. She stormed past the bewildered, not even beckoning for her to follow me, but I followed anyway. I stormed though the halls, trying my hardest to keep up with Tauriel who was racing down the halls, not even trying to see if I was keeping up.

Eventually we ended up at a white, marble door. Tauriel knocked furiously at the door until someone opened it. The elvish woman who opened the door had on all white, and her brown hair was tied up in a neat bun. "Please Addonneniel, you have to help us!" Tauriel cried, grabbing onto the other elf's hands. "Areth, she was struck by a Uruloki Poison arrow! She doesn't have much longer".

The other elvish woman opened the door wider, ushering us into the room. She didn't give me a second look, not caring wether I was dwarf or elf. I was thankful for that. With the help of the woman, Tauriel helped Areth onto a tall marble platform. The elvish woman opened a tall cabinet, revealing many vials and containers of different herbs and liquids. The woman Tauriel called Addonneniel started pulling out many different tubes, bags and vials from the cabinet, rushing around looking for things to assist her in healing our daughter.

I watched as she crushed up many herbs to make a poultice for the wound. I winced as she applied it, imagining how much pain it would have caused our beautiful child of she had been awake.

Areth was different, and others didn't like it. It hurt me to hear them talk so poorly about her. She was only young and didn't deserve the wrong things people said about her. They didn't know her true character, yet they judged her anyway. I could tell she would become a strong, noble leader one day. Even her name reflected it. When Tauriel picked her name, I was clueless to what it meant and was slightly turned off by an elvish name, but when Tauriel told me what it meant, I knew it was perfect for her.

Areth- Noble Woman

The elvish healer kept working, but nothing seemed to be working. A worried expression crossed her forehead and a tight frown was stretched across her lips. She took out a glass syringe with a long needle, filling it with a red liquid. Tauriel, knowing what was going to happen next and not wanting to watch, came up to me, wrapping her arms around me, softly crying in my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her, stroking her hair and whispering comforting words to her in khudzul. She didn't know what it meant,but just hearing the voice of the one she loved most calmed her down.

I watched painfully as the woman stabbed the needle deep into Areth's neck, slowly pushing the plunger. "What if she dies Kili?"Tauriel asked. I looked into her tear filled eyes filled with sadness and fear. "It's alright, she will be just fine" I soothe, my hand on her cheek. "I can't lose her Kili!" She screams, "I can't imagine life without her and I don't want to live like that!". "Calm yourself Tauriel" I say, softly stroking her cheek with my thumb, "Everything will be ok". I softly kiss her lips and I feel her slowly relax.

When we break away from the kiss, I see Addonneniel with her hands on Areth's chest, softly chanting some sort of healing spell in sindarin. I take Tauriel's hand and walk her up next to Areth. I stare at her once pained face, and the expression of discomfort slowly disappear. I look back at the healer and see her palms glowing softly with a white light, sweat beading on her forehead from the amount of physical exertion the spell is causing her to put forth. Tauriel grabs Areth's hand, stroking the back of it and whispering to her softly. Addonneniel begins to chant her healing spell louder, the glow from her hands getting brighter. Suddenly, the light flashes brightly and the spell is over. The healer leans on the marble table, breathing heavily from what she just performed. I look back at Areth, but she hasn't awaken yet. Tauriel is silent for a moment, but as time passes by and Areth hasn't waken she begins to cry. "No, No Areth wake up!" She cries, resting her head on her chest. "No" she says softly, letting tears cascade down her face.

All of a sudden, Areth snaps awake, breathing heavily and sharply, looking around in fear. Tauriel smiles, wrapping her arms around Areth, bubbling with excitement and relief. I go to hug both of them, my strong arms holding on tightly to the ones I love. When everyone releases from the hug, Areth smiles at me and I smile happily back, but when my eyes meet hers, my smile disappears. Her beautiful green eyes looked different. The green had variation, a mottled mix of emerald hues. Her once round pupils now dilated into slits, making her eyes look almost evil. At first I was lost, the eyes looking familiar but terrifying. But then I realized why. I wasn't looking into the eyes of my daughter, but the eyes of a dragon.

AN- Omg I'm so sorry for the lack of an update!!! I have been super busy as I am a lead in a musical and have been super busy with rehersal. I also had some writers block that I have now gotten through, so hopefully now that tech week is almost over and opening night is this Friday, I can update more.... Thanks so much for those voting and commenting I love you so much!!!❤️