Chapter 4

AN- This is a short chapter... Like REALLY short haha but in a chapter or two they will get to a better size haha :p... Maybe 100 reads soon? 86 isn't a lot but it's actually better than I thought I would get :) anyway enjoy!
----------------
I snap awake at the sound of my name being called. "Areth" mother says, "we have reached the other side. It is almost four o'clock in the afternoon". I look up and see the soft edge of the sun setting behind the Lonely Mountain. We exit the boat and Bard bids us farewell. "Here is a little something for your troubles" she says, as she drops a small bag of money in his hand. "No, it's alright" he says with a smile, "you are good friends. It's no trouble". "Then take it and get a little something for your young ones" she says. "Thank you Tauriel. Have safe travels" he says. Mother thanks him I thank him to, and we set off.

By dusk, we reach the edge of the Mirkwood forest. We find a spot where we can camp the night out and start a small fire. I take out the food mother gave me earlier and slowly eat it, warming myself by the fire. When it is completely dark, my mother sits and looks at the sky. The stars mean a lot to the elves, and whenever she gets the chance to, she watches them. It would be terrible to live in a mountain with no window to the outside if you loved the stars as much as she does. After I finish eating, I go over and join her. We sit and watch the sky, listening to the sound of crickets chirping their live song to the stars. "Imagine" I say, "if father really died". "He would be up there" I point, "with all of the stars". "I will never to repay Gandalf for what he did that day" she says. She sighs deeply and crosses her hands over her stomach. "We should probably get some sleep. We woke early this morning and rest would be nice" she says, and rolls into her side. "Goodnight" I say, and roll the other way. For a long time I just sit there and listen to the sounds of the night. The croaking of frogs, the cricket chirps and the sounds of wind through the trees. The sounds are so peaceful, and they lull me to sleep. But right as my body is about to lose its fight with tiredness, a loud, disgusting sound breaks the peace. Orcs.