30. Proud Husband

Today was an extremely busy day for Abhay, he was drowned in his office files since morning and was continuously taking part in meetings.

Currently Abhay was sitting in his cabin and was going through some important files, he kept on reading the notes which his assistant had made and with a sigh, he rubbed his forehead tiredly.

Abhay took a glass of water to quench his thirst which was placed on the table by his assistant whose name was Samarth.

It was around ten minutes later, Abhay heard a gentle knock at the door and expecting the intruder to be his assistant he allowed the person to come inside his cabin.

"What is it Samarth?" Abhay questioned expecting an answer but got no response.

"I have gone through these files, You can move them ahead to the production department for further review." Abhay ordered while handing the files over to his assistant and in that process he held his head high to look at the intruder but to his extreme surprise it was not his assistant but his wife.

"Anusha? What are you doing here?" Abhay questioned with a sudden excitement but within a second his excitement turned into fear.

"Are you alright Anusha? What are you doing here at this time? You should have been in your office then why are you here? Is everything alright at your workplace?" Abhay hurriedly interrogated his wife, feeling concerned for Anusha, however his eyes went wide when he heard Anusha giggling and smiling goofily.

"Aww my cute husband, I am perfectly fine. I just had a half day today at my work so I thought to visit you." Anusha said while cupping Abhay's cheeks fondly.

Abhay rolled his eyes at his wife's antics and mumbled something incoherently.

"What are you whispering?" Anusha questioned while raising her brows a little.

"That I am hot and handsome but not cute." Abhay said while pouting which earned him a little peck from his wife.

"I agree that you are hot and handsome but you are more cute." Anusha giggled and took Abhay's hands in her own. They both made their way towards the leather couch in Abhay's cabin and sat on it while exchanging glances.

"I am glad you came to visit me but how did you even managed it? Family members of employees are not allowed inside then how come you made it possible?" Abhay questioned curiously.

"Actually the moment I got my day off from my office, I thought to visit you, Initially I had thought to just send the lunch to you through someone but when I reached your office, at the ground floor there was a women who was struggling to breathe, I quickly ambled towards her and helped her out. I passed her asthama pump to her which she had slipped from her fingers on the floor and it turned out that the woman was none other than your ceo's wife. I helped her out and once she was relatively better then we had a little conversation where in she got to know that I am your wife and that's how she allowed me to meet my husband and have lunch with him but this is just one time opportunity given to me." Anusha said with a little smile on her face matching Abhay's fond and proud expression.

Abhay was feeling proud of his wife and how she helped a complete stranger without expecting anything.

"I am so proud of you." Abhay said making Anusha overwhelmed.  Though proud is just a mere five letter word but it is still of high importance for Anusha. She never felt proud of herself, neither she was proud of her past nor of her past behaviour. However being able to see her own husband being so proud of her made Anusha feel so elated and emotional.

"Thank You." Anusha whispered back while looking at her husband fondly. Both of them were staring in each other's eyes, lost in their own little bubble that they couldn't hear someone Knocking at the door.