New York, New Nanny

~CALLIE POV~

I sat on the steps in the living room and listened to Emma, Luke and Ravi fight as Nanny Kate run out of the apartment screaming.

I was on my fifth cookie when Zuri came up in the elevator with a red haired girl.

"Whoa!" The girl said. "This is like the Astrodome, but with better furniture."

"Look, Bertram!" Zuri said happily. "I found a new Nanny on the street! Can we keep her?"

Bertram barely gave her a glance as he said, "If she doesn't poop on the floor it's fine with me."

The red head furrowed her brows in confusion. "Wait, don't you want to ask me anymore questions?"

Bertram sighed deeply. He turned back around with a sarcastic look on his face as he asked, "Do you poop on the floor?"

The girl paused before answering. "No."

"Congratulations! You just made the first cut. Wait here, the parents will be home soon to interview you."

Zuri dragged the girl over to the couch and they sat down.

"All this, and all I have to do is take care of one cute little girl!"

Guess they didn't see me.

"LUKE!"

I smiled, waiting for the show to start. Emma, Luke and Ravi all ran in, and Emma was absolutely fuming.

"Luke, give me back my moon!" She growled.

"No way!" Luke laughed.

"I need it for my solar system!" Emma exclaimed.

"I'll show you a moon!"

Luke bent down, showing off his butt, and Emma shoved Luke onto Zuri's friend. Zuri quickly jumped up and out of the way as Luke crawled across the red head, Emma and Ravi following. Emma grabbed a pillow and began beating Luke with it, which was pretty funny to watch.

"Hey, stop it!" Ravi shouted. "Stop!"

"Emma, ouch, stop it!"

"Please tell me those kids are in the wrong apartment." Zuri's friend said, her eyes wide.

"Those are my brothers and sister." Zuri answered.

"Or as I like to call them, the nanny killers."

Zuri and the red haired girl stood up, and I wiped my crummy hands off onto the carpeted steps.

"Luke, Emma, please! Violence is never the solution." Ravi said.

Emma and Luke stopped for a moment, and then Emma smacked Ravi across the head with a pillow. Ravi rose slowly, a sneer on his face. "To heck with the non-violence! I am on you like stripes on a tiger!"

Ravi jumped on her back, and Luke and Ravi tag teamed Emma.

Zuri turned to the red head with a smile and said, "I'm the good child. Make me brownies."

Bertram sighed as he said, "Don't let them fool you. There's only one saint in this house and it's Callista."

If possible, the lady's eyes got bigger. "There's another one?"

I finally stood up off the stairs and skipped over to them. "Hi! I'm Callie!"

The lady looked down and she looked as if she could melt. I had that effect on people.

"You're pretty for a girl who can't pay for a taxi." I said.

"Thank you...."

The lady moved to get Luke, Ravi and Emma to stop fighting, which she successfully got Luke away from the fight, but Luke started acting all weird when he saw her. The lady walked back over to Zuri and I and asked, "Do you kids fight like this in front of your parents?"