The Talented Mr Kipling

~CALLIE POV~

I sat down stairs, annoyed.

Jessie had woken me up screaming, and I couldn't fall back asleep. I was sitting on the couch, looking through some books, when Jessie, Ravi, Emma and Luke came downstairs.

"Hey, Cal, you wanna come to the park with us?" Luke asked.

I shrugged, standing up, heading upstairs to grab my shoes. When I came back down, Jessie was ushering us quickly into the elevator. When we got to the lobby, Mrs Chesterfield was walking back in with Zeus.

"I thought Tony was supposed to keep watch!" I asked as we shuffled back into the elevator.

"He was." Jessie hissed.

We listened quietly as Tony distracted her, and we all started gagging and cough when the door finally opened.

"Luke, you couldn't hold it till we got outside?" Emma coughed.

Luke shrugged innocently as he said, "Hey, it wasn't me. It was Mr Kipling."

Ravi gave Luke a glare as he said, "Oh, sure, blame the lizard."

When we got to the park, I headed to the swings, and began pushing myself. I was swinging back and forth, before deciding to jump off. When I did so, instead of landing on my feet, I landed on top of someone.

Both of us groaned, and I sat up, and looked down at the boy beneath me. I rolled off him and stood up, him doing the same.

"Sorry," I said. "But maybe you shouldn't be walking in front of the swings."

The boy glared at me and snapped, "Well maybe you shouldn't be jumping off of the swings."

I rolled my eyes, the boy copying me. It was silent for a moment until I said, "I'm Callista Ross."

The boy snorted. "What kind of name is Callista?"

I rolled my eyes, waiting for him to say his name.

"I'm Guy Parker."

I laughed, and said, "What kind of name is Guy?"

He rolled his eyes back at me. Once again, we stood in silence, glaring at each other.

"You want to play on the monkey bars?" Guy asked.

"Sure."

{}~{}~{}~{}

I had gotten Guy's phone number from his mom, and we planned to talk later.

Jessie, Ravi, Zuri and I were walking back into the apartment building after getting the ok from Tony. As we were walking in, I heard Tony say, "Whatever it is, it has nothing to do with a giant lizard."

Just as Mrs Chesterfield turned around, the elevator opened. Mrs Chesterfield screamed, making us scream, Zeus to park and Mr Kipling to hiss.

She quickly jumped up on the table and yelled, "You people have a vicious, cold-blooded reptile in this building?"

"Why not?" I asked, tilting my head. "You live here."

"Uh, Callista, that's not nice." Jessie said quickly.

"Hey," Zuri cut in. "We were all thinking it."

Jessie stood back up and said, "Hi, I'm Jessie and I-"

"Don't care."

"Okay."

I smiled a bit, but stopped when Mrs Chesterfield started talking again.

"Giant lizards are not allowed in this building." She screeched. "Tony, help me."

Tony grabbed her around her knees, so she was hanging over his shoulder.