𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

"Ballad." Mr Schuester wrote on the white board and turned to the class. "From Middle English, balade. Who knows what this word means?"

"It's a male duck." Brittany said and Kurt shook his head. "A ballad is a love song."

"Sometimes, but they don't always express love. Ballads are stories set to music, which is why they're the perfect storm of self expression. Stories and music are the way we express feelings that we can't get out any other way." Mr Schuester clapped. "So, sectionals are in a few weeks and there's a new rule this year: we have to perform a ballad."

"Looks like my weekly letter to the Ohio Show Choir Committee finally paid off." Rachel smiled and Puck smiled back.

"So here's our assignment for the week," Mr Schuester said. "i'm going to pair you off and i want you to pick a ballad to sing to your partner. Look them right in the eye, find the emotion you want to express, and make them feel it."

"I pick Quinn." Finn said and Mr Schuester shook his head. "No. Too easy. Your partners would be chosen by fate." He set a hat down on the piano. "I put all of your names in this hat. Whoever you choose is your partner."

"There is an uneven amount of people in the
class." Santana said.

"I'll just have to put my name in there." Mr Schuester said and called up Puckerman.

Puck walked up to the hat and picked a paper out. "Mercedes."

Artie followed and got Quinn, Finn got Kurt, Tina got Mike, Santana got Brittany, and I got Matt.

To be honest, I kind of wanted to sing with Quinn. It would've been so much better and way more fun. I think me and her were starting to talk more and become friends.

"Looks like i get you Mr shue." Rachel walked
down the steps.

"The fates have spoken." Finn said and we all laughed.

"Would you mind clarifying what kind of songs
you want us to sing?" Artie raised his hand and Rachel turned to the class. "Why don't you let me and Mr Schuester and i demonstrate. Brad, endless love in b flat." Rachel smiled.

"I don't think that song is appropriate, Rachel." Mr Schuester said and Rachel shrugged. "Why? It's a great song and it's a perfect ballad."

Finn laughed. "Yeah, I love that song, Mr Shue."

time skip.

I worked with Matt on our ballad during our lunch period.

We talked about school and glee club. He was pretty nice and sweet, but i still would've preferred Quinn.

We ended up singing a song about friendship. Matt chose it. It was nice getting to talk to someone new.

After school I went over to Rachel's house to watch a movie.

We watched A Star is Born and ate popcorn.

Rachel began talking about our futures. "Listen, me and you are going to have the best high school experience." She said. "We're gonna go to Nationals and be on the top of this school. And we'll be in awesome relationships, me with Finn, and you with some amazing girl."

"Okay." I laughed eating popcorn. "Even though I told you not to like Finn."

"The heart wants what it wants." Rachel said and I nodded. "Hm."

"Though, I guess I do feel bad for him and Quinn." Rachel said and I agreed. "Yeah, Quinn looks like she's having a hard time with being pregnant."

"Finn too." Rachel shook her head. "It's unfortunate they got caught." Rachel said and I looked at her confused. "What do you mean?"

"You didn't hear?" Rachel asked and I shook my head.

"Okay," Rachel turned her body to me and I sat up.

"So basically," She started. "Finn went over to Quinn's house for dinner and decided to sing her a song. His song choice was terrible because it was a song about Quinn having his baby. Then, when Quinn's dad realized, he turned off the music and went absolutely crazy." Rachel gasped for air since she said that entire thing without pausing. "And then he sat them down and kicked Finn out, but he didn't stop there. He then kicked Quinn out. Like kicked her out of her house. Finn told me on the phone."

"Oh my god." I said and Rachel nodded. "I know, it's crazy."

"Where's she staying now?" I asked and Rachel ate popcorn. "Spent the night at Finns house."

Rachel continued watching the movie but I couldn't stop thinking about Quinn. She has been going through so much. I wish I could do something to help.

the next day at school.

After Glee, I followed Quinn into the bathroom. I wanted to talk to her. Say something; anything.

I walked in the bathroom and saw Quinn washing her hands. Her face was red and puffy.

"Hey." She saw me and dried her hands on her cheerleading outfit.

"Hey." I said quietly and watched her as she was about to walk out of the bathroom.

"Quinn." I said and she stopped walking. "What?"

"I'm sorry." I said and she turned back to me. "What?"

"I heard about what happened. Im so sorry." I looked down nervously about what she might say next.

"Oh my god." She began to cry. "Im so embarrassed." She covered her face still crying.

"I hate my life." She cried harder and I instantly hugged her. I know i said I wasn't good at comforting sad people, but I knew what to do with Quinn. She looked like she needed a hug.

I never hug anybody but my parents, not even Rachel.

She cried into my shoulder and I just hugged her tighter. "It's okay." I whispered.

My parents wouldn't mind?

"You could stay with me." I immediately blurt out and Quinn pulled away and wiped her tears. "What?"

"You could stay at my house. My parents have an extra room and I don't think they'll mind." I said and Quinn sniffled. "Wait, really?"

"Yeah." I breathed out and she hugged me. "Thank you. Seriously."

"Of course." I hugged her back and we stayed like that for about ten seconds.

i know i haven't updated in a while but i'm gonna try to focus more on this book and actually post daily!