02| Baby Mama Drama

KAMAU AMARI ALEXANDER
DETROIT | JUNE 2021

"TWO SHIPMENTS! HOW THE FUCK we let this happen?" I asked furiously, gesturing the number two with my fingers despite the shaking of my hand.

"There's someone in the inside, stealing our shipments and sending them off to someone else.. we don't know who yet." JJ announced, his dark eyes scanning the room.

JJ is my best bro, one of the closer people to me. We went through twelve years of school together, graduated together, we were always "them boys". Which is why we have a gang now, together we built this empire and our own black mafia.

"Well who hasn't been paying their fifty percent?" I asked even though I already knew who and this information just let me know why.

"Bill."

I nodded slowly, releasing a angry chuckle. This rookie just caused me fifty thousand fucking dollars, all because he wants to be a dummy and work for the other side. Dummy.

"He'll be handled, any thing else I need to know about?"

"Your baby mama came by the other day, looking for you." A crew member raised his hand.

"Which one?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow. If it was Halima then I knew she wanted nothing but some money.

"The nice darkskin one."

Lou.

"Aight, imma get up out of here. Try to go remake these stacks."

Dapping hands with JJ first before chucking my head at the rest of these felons, I made my route outside the halfway empty warehouse.

I headed straight to Lou house, she barely— if ever came by the warehouse so I knew something serious had to happen.

Lou was my first babymama, my first love. We were together for three years before she got pregnant. She walked across that stage with a 6-month old belly, she could've gave up but she didn't and I applaud her for that. We broke up once she found out I cheated.

I was never a non-faithful man but one night of hanging with the wrong people brought me to my second baby mama, Kaitlyn. She was a mistake but my kid wasn't.

My third baby mama, Halima, was just a pain in the ass. She was a fuck buddy but caught feelings, something I had no intentions of doing. So I broke up with her and less than 4 days later she put a baby on me.

Is it really mines? I hope so.

"Wassup ma, you good?" I urgently asked as soon as I walked through Lou's door.

"Halima. That bitch just barked up the wrong tree K, I swear."

I noticed her leg bouncing up and down violently and her hands hands viscously. Halima had to do some stupid shit in order to have Lou out of her element.

"This pussy ass ho gone bring her— ouuu I swear to god!"

I didn't say anything, I just let her continue to talk through her anger.

"That kid is yours K, so why the fuck did she have another man whooping your two year old fucking child!"

"I came to pick Bailey up for her orignal play date with Michel'le and all I hear is crying. I see Bailey on the couch with her fucking ass out take hits from a big ass man! When I tell you I beat that ho ass so bad, I had Michel'le on my side and I felt so bad that she had to witness that but ouuu that ho had me out my elly."

"I took Bailey and left, I don't know where she is now but when I left she was on the floor barely breathing and that nigga was sitting on the couch with a bloody body after I beat his ass with a bat."

"I didn't even get a chance to get to Kaitlyn's house," She sighed.

Lou stopped speaking once she noticed the slight twitch in my eye and the way my pupils began to expands, the veins in my neck were now more noticeable than ever.

"Where's Bailey?" I asked with a raspy low voice, trying my best to control my anger.

"Upstairs sleep, go handle your buisness. She'll be here when you get back."

Lou gave me the cue I needed. Storming out of the house with what felt like a thousand flames radiating through my body.

"I got a situation that need to be handled, meet me at Halima house." I demanded from JJ. I knew my words came off real harsh but I was fucking livid right now.

"On my way."

Speeding to her house, I made sure to avoid all main roads so I could get there faster. JJ was already there because he lived closer.

I noticed their was two other cars there which let me know that Halima and whoever this man  is were still here.

Stepping out of the car, I popped the trunk to retrieve my "toys". Grabbing the black duffle bag that contain a crowbar, couple pair of knifes, toxic chemicals—that could kill, and heavy chains.

"So what's the problem?" JJ asked.

"A nigga done barked up the wrong tree."

_____

"I love you baby girl, so much."

"And if anyone ever hurts you come to me, I'll handle them."

"That's what I'm here for."  I comforted my two year old daughter, Bailey, in my arms as I spoke softly to her.

"I burnt yo bloody clothes so you don't have to worry about that." Lou announced, handing me a cold water bottle.

I silently thanked her, continuing to rock Bailey back and forth.

"Imma need you for a while Lou, both you and Kaitlyn. Halima's gonna be gone for a minute so I need you to give Bailey some of that love."

"You know I'm always here, you just have to do your part too because she's going to need you."

"More than you think."

I sighed, running a hand down my face.

"Where did I go wrong Lou?" I asked, fighting the sting in the back of my throat.

"Your sins are catching up with you love, the old and new. You have to just breathe through it, maybe find love again. It's been two years,"

"What are you waiting on?"

"More like who's waiting on me." I clarified.

"I'm not looking for love Lou but if it comes than I'm certainly not hiding, I'll be that Prince Charming."