09| Late Night Chronicles

ASIA LA'MOORE NORTH
DETROIT | AUGUST 2021

   THE SUN WAS BOILING, MY BACK was sweating as I filled the cooler up with water bottles. We were at my cousins football game and I was the team mom. Which meant I kept the boys hydrated, fed, safe, and on track.

"Don't turn around but K12 just strolled in with JJ." Sanaya whispered in my ear, handing me a clipboard.

Ignoring Sanaya'a words, my head whipped around and my eyes scanned the area to see where Kamau was coming from.

"Bitch you don't listen." She huffed.

"That's yo man, why you acting scared to see him?" I asked with chuckle.

"Because me and him got into it last night plus we been arguing a lot these past couple of days." She rolled her eyes with a sigh.

"Mmmh." I replied, taking my eyes away from the entrance. I wasn't disregarding Sanaya's feelings but I knew her and JJ had hit the 'arguing everyday stage' and if they did make it past that stage then that just showed they were ready for an relationship.

"Kamau gone find his way over here regardless so I ain't even finna move." I shrugged my braids out of my hair. My braider had the grip of Satan, she was able to give me some knee length small blonde knotless braids with black roots; they were cute as fuck.

"I'm finna set up the tent." Sanaya said as she walked away.

"You should've been did that! Got a bitch hot and shit!" I shouted.

She shot me a middle finger as a response.

As I were checking off the names of boys and cheerleaders who were hear, a familiar scent enhanced my nose.

"Kamau.." I speculated, keeping my eyes on the paper.

"Miss Asia." He replied as he wrapped his arms around my neck.

I placed the clipboard in my backpack before placing it on the grass. Turning around so I was face to face with Kamau, I wrapped my arms around his waist. It was hot but I didn't care, I just liked being near him— the same way I did with Feredrick.

"Whatchu out here for boy?" I asked.

"I'm donating to you guys organization." He flashed a smile.

"Mmh.. so your the anonymous giver?"

"Yes, yes I am." Kamau nodded, fixing my hat that read "Team Mom" in yellow. Our team colors were blue and yellow with a hint of white.

I didn't dress up too much due to it just being a football game. I had on some gym shorts, a black crop top, and my Palm Angels purse paired with my panda dunks.