Sacrifice! Sacrifice! Sacrifice!

(A/N: Just letting you know the dress from the last chapter is by Samya_Nora . Her art is on Instagram and that's all I know.😅)

The vault door opened and Diavolo held out his hand for Mammon again. ..What am I doing? Diavolo thought, I've probably been weirding out Mammon this whole time. Diavolo started to put his hand down but Mammon held hands with him anyway. "Do you want me to walk you back to Luke's house?" "No, you'd get lost on the way back." "I have my D.D.D. though." "I don't want Luke to see us." "Why not?" "Because we're holdin' hands and Luke saw me wearin' this dress, and he thought I was wearin' it for ya. And it was just embarrassin'!" Diavolo then realized, "Oh. OH, hahaha. Ok." Mammon wiggled his fingers letting Diavolo know to let go, and he did. Mammon started to leave. "Hey! You're not allowed to leave yet!" Diavolo shouted. Mammon looked back at him, confused. "Whaddya want?" "My coat. You were trying to steal my coat!" Diavolo said through laughs. "Oh," Mammon walked back. Mammon unbuttoned it and took off the belt. He finally got out of it and handed it to Diavolo. "It reeks of grimm." "So do you." "I'll bring it to the laundry room. Bye bye, Mammon." "Bye."

Mammon waited for Diavolo to turn 2 corners. He walked back to the vault and started at it. This isn't right to steal from Diavolo. I'm just bein' greedy. Mammon took of the ring Diavolo gave him and placed it on the ground by the vault door. He stared at the door again. "Mammon?" "O-Oh, hey Barbatos!" "What are you doing?" "Nothing." "..What's that ring doing on the floor?" Barbatos smiled. "Umm, I, well.." "Is that yours?" "Well, kinda but I don't need it." "My Lord gave it to you, did he?" "Yeah, he did." "It's very disrespectful to turn down a gift from Lord Diavolo," Barbatos picked it off the floor, "Shouldn't you know better to take care of expensive things?" "Right." "Open your palm." Mammon did as told and Barbatos gave him the ring back. "Make sure the Young Master sees you wearing it tomorrow. Don't try returning anymore gifts. Now, I must go scold my Lord for bringing you in the treasure vault in the first place. Have a good night." "Oh, haha. Thanks. Night, Barbatos."

______________________

(Luke's adorable house.)

"Mammon, you're back!" Luke cheered. "Yeah." Mammon waved with the hand wearing the ring. "Woah!" Luke grabbed Mammon's hand, "Diavolo proposed to you?!" Mammon took his hand back. "No!" "Your dating him?!" "No!" "He's in love with you?" "He probably isn't!" Mammon was a tomato again. "You're in love with him?" "No." Luke sighed, "How boring." "Leave me alone." "Simeon made dinner." "So he's gone now?-" "No, I'm not." "Ah! Why were you being so quiet?" "I don't know," Simeon laughed, "Hello, Mammon." "Hi." "I just wanted to tell you in person, that I'm trying a new recipe and I want your opinion after you eat. Please call me tomorrow." "Thanks for scaring me." "You're welcome? Or sorry... Goodnight Luke, my little angel." Simeon giggled and head patted Luke. "Stop babying meee!" "I'm trying, ok? Goodnight Mammon, my little demon." Simeon tried head patting Mammon but Mammon hit Simeon's hand. "What?! I am not a little demon!" "Geez, you two are a handleful." "What?! We're not even doing anythin'!" "Stop yelling, breathe." Mammon did as told and then Simeon gave him a head pat. "Stop it!" "Mammon." Simeon frowned. Oh, that's kinda scary. "What?" "Let me give you head pats." "No." "Luke?- and now he's hiding from me," Simeon sighed, "Mammon, head pats, please?" "...Fine." "Yay, haha." The head pats made Mammon yawn. "I guess I should leave now. Night, Mammon."

______________________

Mammon shut his eyes. He heard the bedroom door open and tried his best not to open his eyes.

"Mammon, are you awake?" No response came from Mammon. Luke booped Mammon's nose. "What're ya doin'? Let me sleep." "So you are awake, yay." "Please, let me sleep." "No, I have to ask you some questions." "The answer's no." "No, listen. We're not only friends now, we're best friends, and best friends tell each other secrets. So if you tell me you're secrets, I'll tell you mine." "Really?" "Yes." "..Fine." "Now, you're saying Diavolo didn't propose to you?" "Yeah." "And you're not upset?" "Yeah." "Why's the ring on your ring finger?" "Because he put it on there." "So he is in love with you." "I don't know-" "That wasn't a question." Mammon blushed, "Wha? I like, barely hang out with him until now." "He might be." "If he ever was he would have to deal with Lucifer, just like all the others." "What does that mean?" "I ...I found out some centuries ago, if Lucifer ever thinks someone's in love with one of his brothers he says the meanest things to them to keep them away. I don't know what's wrong with him. Satan eventually gave Lucifer a black eye." "Oof." "Yeah. What's one of your secrets?" "Umm, I'll tell you some other time." Luke walked away. "Wait! That's not fair!" "Night." "Listen to-" Luke closed the door.