A New life I

Cade and the others drove on Bee to one of the government's establishments further away from the city. I opted for riding my bike instead, but after realizing it would take us a few hours to get there, I let Ratchet take me (which might or might've not made Side jealous).

The puppy, Arya and Rory were fast asleep on my lap. The two galactic creatures had transformed back into their small critter form and curled up around the puppy to sleep. Razorclaw had chirped and gurgled in confusion as I stepped into the vehicle. I had to nudge him out as he attempted to get in too. He was now following Ratch to our destination.

Once there we were told we would only be staying there for a couple of days, five being the limit to our stay. The guy in charge explained that we would be moved to one of KSI's establishments for a proper place to stay before they shipped us back to USA, although by experience I knew this would take a while.

We arrived at the building designated to us, and luckily for me I got my own apartment. Our wounds were treated, disinfected, and bandaged, in some cases stitched up, and once done we were left alone. Poor Razor was forced to stay downstairs, so I hope Joshua does the necessary adjustments to help with this. Apparently they were preparing the place for us, so that's why we had to stay with the military.

It was no new experience; I had already stayed in military bases and establishments. The only problem was that I didn't know anyone and roughly any soldier spoke English.

However I did not have to worry about that at the moment. I was tired and some of the medicines that I was given for the pain in my arm made me drowsy and sleepy, so I just wanted to sleep.

I had the puppy, Arya, and Rory on my backpack, which I had slung into my shoulder as I opened the room to my apartment.

(Imagine that minus the decor)

It was small but cozy, and very nice looking considering they probably had to improvise with just a few hours before our arrival. I liked it.

I closed and locked the door, placing the bag gently on the couch. I readjusted a blanket nearby in which they could cuddle in if they woke up in the middle of the night. I also quickly improvised a tray with newspaper to be the potty tray.

I checked out the bathroom which had all the essentials: a mirror, a sink, and a shower. There was also a cabinet which had medical stuff in it accompanied by a pair of cheap lotions and hair products (shampoo, conditioner, etc.). I was glad I wouldn't have to go to a store to buy those.

Now just craving sleep, I gladly headed to the bedroom, which had the bed mattress on the floor, but had everything a bed needed (covers, pillows, etc.), and next to it was a small nightstand with some books and magazines.