Texas

I traveled all night and most of the day without stopping. I was tired, but I refused to stop. I had to find Optimus; he'd know what to do next.

During that time we were crossing the border between Louisiana and Texas. I had just stopped for a drink of water and to stretch up. The sun had already rose high in the sky. The weather was, thankfully, clear, and the sky was as blue as ever. I had always wanted to live here, at least from what I could remember. I tried the device again. To my surprise, this time Optimus' signal was on. I tapped the symbol on him, and it displayed his vital signs, which were considerably slow. According to Ratch, that meant that he was injured, and/or losing a lot or some Energon. Having this in mind, I mounted on the vehicle again, zooming out at full speed.

...

I arrived at a small western-like town. It was incredibly hot, too hot for my liking. I parked Ratchet in a private alleyway and headed to the nearest store since I already finished my sandwiches. Not only that, but I also wanted to know where I could stay until I found Optimus.

I was looking around minding my own business when a weird tall surfer-like guy entered the store. He had messy curly hair and pale skin. I then noticed that he had a big bump on his head.

~Geez, what did he hit to end up like that?~ I thought as I eyed him.

He didn't even notice me, asking for a few mechanical supplies at the counter. 

~Mechanic, no wonder why he has that big bump, probably hit himself with a machine or something.~

He then exited the store, leaving me alone with my thoughts and whoever was behind the counter. I grabbed some granola bars along with a bag of M&Ms and chips before heading to the counter and paying for the food before leaving the store. I noticed the same guy again, talking on the local phone.

"Yes, a truck, pretty battered up..." is all I heard him say. He was probably trying to sell or something, or worse, scamming.

Not my problem though.

I entered a good-looking Motel right in front of the store. I checked up and paid with the money that I had saved for places in which I could stay. Food money was running low, though, I would have to look into that later.

After parking Ratchet in a closer hidden alley, I went to my designated room. It was small, smaller than I was used to, but it had a bed and a clean bathroom, so I was fine with it. I placed my bag full of food and clothes on the bed, while I hide the Motorbackpack in one of the drawers.

I knew I wouldn't stay long; I would just get Optimus and get out of this oven of a place to find the rest of the Autobots

I took out my phone and tried to contact Sam for what felt like the millionth time. As per usual, it appeared offline. I sighed, worried for the fate of my friend. Putting the phone on the nightstand beside the bed, I headed to the bathroom to take a shower.