Chapter 10: Off to retrieve the Holy Lyre der Himmel (Mondstadt Arc)

"So this "Holy Lyre der Himmel" is

"So this "Holy Lyre der Himmel" is..." Paimon trailed off as we walked up the steps of the Cathedral, waiting for Venti to explain.

"One of the most treasured items in Mondstadt. It's the lyre that Barbatos used to play. With it, perhaps I can help Dvalin draw his gentle nature back out of this nightmare he's going through." Venti said as we stopped in front of the Cathedral doors, being, of course, greeted by Otto.

"Will it really stop Stormterror from causing more damage?" Paimon said in a skeptical tone as she crossed her arms at Venti, who just sent her a smile.

"Of course. I'm the best bard in the world. There's not a single song I do not know, no matter if it's from the past, present, or future." I guess we all found his words false as we all looked at each other with furrowed brows.

"Look me in the eyes. Do you not find me trustworthy?" Perfect opportunity...

I was the one who decided to make eye contact with the bard, both staring at each other. "The color of your eyes is like the sky in my hometown." I said, using one the lines they gave us in the game, but deciding to give it a try.

I think I'm about to bust-! As soon as I said it, Venti slightly rolled his eyes and sent me a smile, finally breaking the eye contact. Thank god, though. My eyes were beginning to dry out!

After Paimon let out a cough as if clearing her throat, we both looked away and brought our attention to her. "So how can we get the Holy Lyre?"

"It's said that it's enshrined deep within the Cathedral, somewhere safe." He then turned around and started opening the doors before saying, "I'll go take a look around. You can come if you want." Of course we're coming!

We quickly followed him inside, walking over to him slowly as to not look suspicious, occasionally greeting some nuns.

"Let me handle this..." Venti said as he walked over to a nearby nun. "Hello there, Sister!"

"May the Anemo God bless you, young bard. How can I help you?" The Sister said as she turned to Venti.

"Actually, I know a secret that can save Mondstadt from its current predicament." I mean, he said it as it is, but...

"Oh, what a blessing from the God of Anemo!" The Sister said as she put her hands together and looked to the sky.

"But you should report that to the Knights of Favonius. Why have you come to me?"

Venti let out a boyish laugh before saying, "Because you, dear sister, are able to help! I'd like to borrow...the Holy Lyre. With it, I'll be able to help Stormterror-" He was quickly shut down by the Sister.

"Please see yourselves out."

"What!?" Venti exclaimed in shock at the reflection. Was it really surprising, though?