Chapter 14: Holy Fuck, It's DBALLIN!! (Mondstadt Arc.)

"It's a storm barrier! It looks so dangerous

"It's a storm barrier! It looks so dangerous..." Paimon exclaimed as we reached the blocked entrance to Stormterror's Lair. "OMG! Thanks for pointing that out because I would have never seen it with my own two eyes, Paimon!" I said sarcastically in a similar tone as she spoke in, making her send me a glare before she said, "Hey-!" "Shut up, Paimon."

"Leave it to me," Venti said with a confident smile as he took out his regular lyre. "Although this wooden lyre is all I have... I don't need the lyre to break through this kind of storm barri- Ah, wait, what is that?" As he cut himself off, we all looked behind us to see some hilichurls just spawn out of nowhere!

"Enemy attack! Prepare yourselves!" Jean yelled out before summoning her sword. "It's not that serious, Jean! We're not going to die! Yet!" I yelled after her before we attacked, with Venti's lazy ass standing there and not even trying to help.

"The stage will need to be cleared before I can begin my performance," Venti spoke casually as we beat the shit out of the hilichurls. "Generally speaking, such chores are not the concerns of the performer himself..." "Shut the fuck up!"

"Wait, what's going on? Something's not right," Jean questioned over the sounds of our attacks. "There shouldn't be any hilichurl camps in the vicinity of Stormterror's Lair..." "Lookout Jean!" we heard Paimon yell out, making Jean quickly turn around, sword ready to kill the hilichurl that tried to attack her.

After a few more moments of fighting, we all made our way back over to Venti and Paimon. "Ahh... The hilichurls usually do not venture into areas with high elemental concentrations. It puts a heavy burden on their bodies," Venti said as we nodded along.

"The Abyss order must be manipulating them behind the scenes, yet they shouldn't have been able to determine that we would come," Diluc said with a glare as he crossed his arms. "They're presumably spreading their forces to halt our plans..."

"Without further ado... I suppose I can play faster if my only audience is the wind," Venti said nonchalantly with a shrug before turning to the barrier and taking out his lyre.

Dude really just played a few stings and the barrier just disappeared... That's stupid! The barrier let out a giant gust of wind as it disappeared, causing us to cover our faces with our arms. "it actually opened! You're not entirely useless, Tone-Deaf Bard!" You can guess who said that... Venti of course ignored her back-handed compliment.

"This is it. We are now entering Stormterror's Lair. Watch yourselves. Let's move," Jean said in her always-formal tone before we cautiously walked into Stormterror's Lair.

As we walked our way over the giant bridge that led to the gate, Paimon spoke up and said, "Looks like this is the front gate to Stormterror's Lair. The gate is enormous compared to us...! But still, Paimon wonders how Dvalin gets in there with a body that huge?" Did she just call him fat...?

Venti let out a giggle at Paimon's comment before saying, "He doesn't walk in, he flies in." "...Oh. Hmm, you do have a point..."