Old begginings

2 large men with bats chased a raccoon down the street. The rodent couldn't be any more than 5,5. It weaved its way through the busy streets and the tight alleyways, the men trying their best to catch up. Now you as a bystander may be wondering, what the hell did that kid do to them?! Well let's start from the beginning.

It started about [REDACTED] years ago, when a woman with no name gave birth to a raccoon child. This no named woman didn't really want this child so she just dropped it. Literally, she just put it on a doorstep and left. She could have atleast knocked, but that's beside the point. This mystery house was owned by an old marry couple. The two went out to water their plants before noticing the small child on their porch. It couldn't have been older than 2, eventually they found out the child was 1 but it's whatever.

The baby had a little tuft of dark brown and light brown swirls on its head. Two little ears poked out of it. Behind the small creature it had a bushy little tail. How cute. The two old folk looked at eachother in worry. The woman said something to the man and picked up the child. At this the kid grabbed her finger. Yeah they aren't gonna be able to rid of this one.

And thats where the kid stood. Up until the raccoon was about 10, it stood with the old couple. They referred to the man as "Papa" and the woman as "Mama". To this child, these old people were its parents. They didnt need to have given life to them, they just needed to be there for them.

A child ran down a flight of stairs. It wore a knitted sweater and some comfy pants. "MAMA!!" The noise caused an old woman to look up from her book. "Ash?" As the kid got closer she could see the tears in its eyes. With this she stood up quickly. "Dear whats wrong!?" The child ran into her arms and sobbed. "Mama they called.." "Who did darling?" The kit sniffled as it looked up. "The hospital did. Hes gone mama, they couldn't save him!" The child choked out another sob. Hearing that broke the woman as she fell to the ground. The kit still in her arms. Tears began to fall from her eyes, they came out like sorrow waterfalls. "Mama w-what are we going to- do?" The raccoon could barely make out a sentence without slipping up. "I.. i dont know dear."

And just like that 3 became 2. There was no more paps to take care of the old lady, she was 7 years older than him, therefore she was far weaker. He wasn't supposed to die first.. The worse part was, he died in a crash. On his way to buy his lovely wife and child some flowers, a truck went out of control and smashed right into his car. It was a miracle that the man even made it to the hospital alive with his age. The once happy household became gloomy. An 11 year old was stuck trying to care for their dying mother while still grieving their father. The awful government wouldnt dare give them any money for his funeral. Even if it want their fault, they still had to pay out of pocket. But hey, atleast it was the two of them? Right?..

They turned around the corner, a bowl of soup in hand. "Mama, I made you break-" The raccoon stood shocked. On the ground stood a lifeless body. The womans eyes were blank and yet they eerily stared at the kit. The bowl was dropped, the ceramics shattered on the gound. "MAMA??" The child dashed to the body on the ground. They desperately tried to find a heartbeat. Tears streamed out of their eyes. "Mama please.. dont leave me here alone! I cant do this alone please.." They hiccuped and sobbed as they held the womans body. She was dead. And she wasnt coming back..

Eventually that kid left the house, they couldn't bare to have to see the memories on the walls. The chair their mother used to sit and read them stories in. The piano in the corner of the room where their father would sit down and play songs, they would always sing along. Sometimes their mother even joined. Good memories sure but the thought of them made the raccoon cry.

They packed old memories into mini bags, some money, a photo of the three of them together and even a recipe book the three of them made together. With that they left. They started a new life away from the place they used to know, they stood on the streets not daring to settle down. They couldn't risk another heartbreak. They didnt wanna see another one they loved die. They stole for a living, it was something that brought them joy. The adrenaline coursing through their veins as they ran from the angry shop keepers and people. Jumping from roof to roof as no one dared to follow, in fear of falling to their death. They stole from a gang of well known theifs. Why you may ask? Well why not!?

Now that brings us here, two thugs chasing after this child with a deep past. Now they may look scared as you watch it run through the streets but; I can promise to you they are having the time of their life!

One of the thugs managed to grab their shirt collar and picked them up. "Oh shi-"

July 21st 2022