Prologue

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves." 

To New Beginnings

The loud thuds of your feet rapped through the damp grounds of the land, your pulse pounding in your ear as your breath fails to catch up, the crunching of grass alerts you to a nearby threat. Deeming that running on foot is no longer a viable option, you let out a piercing whistle that sliced through the silent night, attracting many unwanted company to your location, I'm leaving anyways.

A familiar sound greets you, the ryhtmic pattern of your deers hooves becomes louder as it reaches you, knocking some of the hunters out of your hair. Swiftly grabbing the antlers it offered, you hoisted yourself up on it's back, Good boy silently praising it through petting. As you settle quickly on it's back, your hands struggle to grab the relic that you stole from the goddess.

"Damnit! This is my last chance, I can't mess this up!"

A melancholic melody rang out in the night, the clouds was slowly clearing out, your heart beat rapidly increasing as you held your breath, you knew that you're never going to see the outside world when they do catch you in this one. The somber moonlight shines down on you, calming you down, yet you knew that she was trying to hinder you back, shaking yourself awake more, your hands dancing on the relic like a skilled artist with its brush, you breath out the chant to activate it.

Once the click of the relic was heard, A beautiful woman dressed in elegant garb that would glow softly like the moon itself, had appeared in front of you, their expression solemn and downcast, just begging for you to return back with her.

"My lesser one, please come and return with me. I assure you The Sun won't know about this, I promise you young one."

Your nose scrunching in disgust, just because you're a little weaker than them doesn't mean you're considered of lesser value. You shook your head and raised the relic that was in your palm, whispering the last of the chant.

A greater light manifested around you, your eyes meeting hers "I'm sorry but you can't stop me, I want to be free and I know this is my purpose." not waiting for a reply, you turn and jumped into the blinding light, not regretting your choice one bit. The world disappeared from your view and was replaced by a white void. Your head felt light, like an angel dancing in the clouds, you couldn't feel your limbs as you continued to fall through this bright abyss.

Before your body could relax, a golden light greeted your eyes, blinding it momentarily before feeling your body hitting soft damp grass, standing up, you found yourself in a field full of flowers, your head still dizzy from the whole odd abyss experience. As you observed the field, a soft orange blanketed the land, this world's sky was covered in soft pink clouds that intertwined with salmon hues, while a baby blue covered the atmosphere. It was a beautiful sight indeed, perhaps having this as your first memory on Earth wasn't so bad, maybe everything had been worth it after all.

Word count: 529 words