Chapter 5

"It is during out darkest moment that we must focus to see the light"

Sorceress, What's respect?

Strokes of emerald littered your vision, the faint smell of paint fills your nostrils, you sigh happily. Now this is The life, sitting by the side of your window er- balcony? You're not sure what kind of confusing architecture is going on with this building but you just ignored it. Anyways, you focus on your brush leaving paint on the canvas, you've managed to form Leif's shape on the canvas which is good.

The soft melody playing from your phone playing in the background, you lean back a bit. Why in the world are you painting one of your captors? You sit still momentarily, brows arose, you don't really know at this point. Perhaps it's the whole scheme thing they had, which you find awfully adorable. Well you're not really complaining, a muse is a muse and they're giving you plenty of inspirations lately, so what's so bad about it anyways.

Grabbing a smaller flat brush, you began forming the details on Leif's form, turning to the eyes, you were about to apply the gorgeous teal that the Daemos had, a scream ripped through the peaceful atmosphere. Once again, dropping everything you held, almost dropping your palette face flat on the floor, you rush towards the source of the sound.

"Oof!" landing flat on your ass, you rub your head where it made contact with the unknown, that's gonna bruise, yikes! "Oh Sorceress Y/N! I didn't see you there, forgive me" reaching his hands out, you see Rhys towering over you, pulling yourself out, you mutter out a short thanks to him.

The blue horned Daemos opening the doorway for you, you rush right in. Goosebumps littering your skin, you screeched when you see Leif and Asch hovering over your friend, naked in her own bathtub, the bubbles barely covering her dignity, you rush out pulling random drawers open, where's the damn towel when you need it!

"Your Majesty! Leif! If you're going to move from one room to the other, please go all the way through! Being stuck in between uses my magic and- what is she doing?"

Goddamnit Rhys! Don't you guys have any sense of respect! Stop looking at the poor woman! Rushing your rummaging through her cabinet, you just gave up and decided to go use your towel instead. "Watch where you're going, human!" your body roughly pushed out of the way, you glare back at the pompous prince, nabbing the fluffy fabric from your cabinet, you basically trip on your way back pushing the others from the doorway.

"Whoa! What is she doing?" You stood in front of her, desperately trying to cover her, handing her the towel in the meantime. "Boys, can you please leave? Don't you know how rude it is to intrude during er- spell mixing for us humans?" holding your stance, you stare directly into the prince's eyes.

"Right, well does it look like I care, human?" His tone oozing in venom, you stare back, anger fueling your actions "If you don't get out, I'll-!"

"You'll what? You haven't done anything but throw idle threats our way?" Crossing his arms, he took slow and deliberate steps towards you, taunting you with his height, why this little-!

"So have you!" You hear Ava pipe in, the prince raising his hand, a fire manifesting from his palms, oh fuck! That's not good! Your hand raising to shield yourself, Ava took a handful of soap water and threw it at the prince full force, burning out the hazard the prince had set aflame awhile ago.

"She knows disarming magic!"

"Ah, run!"

Staring the prince down, you stood tall with Ava right behind you, you both would've been so toast if she hadn't have done that, all logic really seems to fly out the window when you're in the heat of the moment. Growling, he runs off with the others. Do these barbarians not know basic science, you sigh and sat beside Ava for a moment.

"I hate this so much" The sound of water disturbed fills the room as she cups her face in embarrassment, the towel now wet, but at least it covered her. Your head hung between your hands, the adrenaline slowly dying down now that the situation was managed.