Chapter 4

"Keep your eyes lifted high upon the sun, and you'll see the best light in everyone"

Hidden Surprises

Your hand was hovering over the paper, you stared at it not knowing what to sketch exactly. Lightly tapping the pencil on the paper, you could always just sketch out random people, after all it's just a warm up sketch. Feeling the sun beaming down at your back, you groan and closed the curtains, preventing the sun from burning you alive.

Turning back, you felt a soft gust of wind enter your room. And there Leif stood, in your room, who didn't bother to knock, you screeched. Kicking him back, he lets out an "oof" as you try to run out of the room just for him to get back up and block the entrance.

His laughter rings in your ears, you still not getting down from the adrenaline, you threw whatever you can get your hands on. "You should've seen your face! That was gold!" cornering you like an animal, you felt both fear and embarrassment creep at your back. This was a stranger in your house for fucks sake, he could do terrible things to you.

"Shut up! It's not funny" Your eyes downcast, you feel crimson staining your cheek. Still hearing Leif chuckle in the background, you feel your stomach twist in knots, you remember them laughing at you. A layer of gloss covers your eyes, you try to blink away the tears.

His laugher slowing to a stop, he looks at your gloomy frame, his face scrunch in confusion. Maybe his entrance was a little too abrupt? Shaking his head from the thought, he scans the room, finding many sheets of paper scattered around the walls. The bed is in the far left corner, facing the window on the right side of her room. Its area is littered in lines of lights and hanging ornaments, like stars? Well that's cute.

In the far corner right, facing the window beside it, was a painting easel, beside it was a bookshelf filled with books, with odd designs littered over it, and many types of brushes under the other levels of the shelf itself. A small balcony glass door that leads out to a small balcony was beside the art materials, covered by a semi transparent fabric, and another that's more opaque, for privacy perhaps?

And on the opposite side of the painting materials, was a... an odd contraption of sorts, a table that has these gadgets, one filled with buttons, and a bigger version of those magical slab that the sorceress would look at for entertainment, odd.

On its side was a drawer, filled with picture frames on top of it, and cabinet on the side of the door, which fits the theme of the room, a dull F/C accompanied with dark shades of furniture with lighter shades to brighten the room a bit.

"Hey what's that?" Your eyes followed where the white haired Daemos was pointing, was your painting easel. "Oh uh, that's my painting easel, it's just a stand for my canvas" raising his brow at this "You can paint?"

"Yea, I can!" you beam, it's been awhile since you talked with someone about art. "Huh, is that so? Well why don't you come and paint me." Leif taking a seat at your bed, you raise your brow at this'' "Well, I'm not the best at it, but that'd be an experience."

"How so?"

"Well, first look at yourself, you're so... Green!" you chuckle, now thinking about it, his name is Leif, and he's all green which is just funny, ironic like Asch having fire magic "It's like you're committing to your name "Leaf", all green and stuff."

"Well that's because I need this color scheme to blend in, kitten" he purred out, your face flushing. "Uhuh sure thing "Leaf" But honestly your scheme really suits you, really makes your eyes pop and brings a lot of attention to your hair." chuckling a bit, you grabbed your pen and sketched him down.