Is He Okay?!

I wake up and look around the small hospital room to see everyone had gone home...everyone but Bob, who is sleeping in the chair, that he must have pulled up close to my bed while I was sleeping. I look down to see his hand in mine causing my cheeks to flush a bright red color and my hands become sweaty. He stayed with me the whole night.......'he really cares but what if he only cares as a friend? Yeah...he doesn't actually have feelings for you...does he?' My mind is flooded with thoughts that make me feel several emotions all at once.

"Hey...you're awake." Bob says, his voice deeper than usual since he just woke up. He rubs his eyes and smiles as he looks at me.

"Yeah..I'm awake." I smile at him, "Have you been here all night?" I ask him and he nods.

"Haven't left your side." He says as he adjusts his glasses and I blush.

"Hey um Bob....." I say as my heart pounds in my chest, I have to tell him how I feel and what better time than now?

"Are you okay...?" He says looking at me then up at my heart rate monitor, that is now beeping rather quickly. Crap.....

"Yeah yeah probably just from whatever medicine they gave me or something...." I say making up a quick lie.

"Well now that your awake I have to get to practice. See you later okay?" He smiles then walks out.

"Wait!" I say too quiet for him to hear and I throw my hands down, dang it I missed my chance. I turn over to see a small radio on my bed so I turn it on and immediately recognize Maverick's voice giving orders to the aviators. I can't be at training but at least I can hear what's happening. As I listen in I can feel my eyes getting heavier so I start to close them, but just as I'm about to fall asleep I hear panicking over the radio.

"BIRD STRIKE!! RIGHT ENGINE DOWN RIGHT ENGINE IS DOWN!!" I recognize the voice all to well.....it's Bob.

"Gaining altitude!" Phoenix says and my heart starts beating quickly in my chest as adrenaline fills my body, just from listening to what's happening. "Accelerating!!" Phoenix says.

"No don't...." Before Maverick can even finish his sentence I hear the pop of the other engine.

"WE ARE IN COMPLETE ENGINE FAILURE!! I can't get them back up!!!" Bob yells, panicked.

"I have no control!!" Phoenix yells.

"Abort!!! Abort!!!" Maverick yells to them and after a few seconds I hear the plane explode and a faint scream from Sandy. Oh God......no no no....my heart shatters as I sit there, staring at the wall not even being able to comprehend what I just heard. I quickly grab the iv that's in my arm and carefully pull it out before quickly changing and running to the front counter just in time to see Bob and Phoenix being carried in on stretchers with Bradley following close behind them. He looks up at me with tear filled eyes and I start to panic,

"Is he okay?! Are they okay?!" I ask him as tears start to fill my eyes.

"Miss, you shouldn't be out of bed yet." The woman at the front counter says, but I ignore her.

"They are okay. The hospital is just keeping them overnight, but they will be released tomorrow. They ejected before the plane hit anything...." He says sitting down. I sit next to him and put my hand on his, knowing he's blaming himself for not warning them.

"You couldn't have predicted that was going to happen...." I say to him.

"I should have been watching out for them. I'm their wingman and I almost let them die." He says.

"I know how you feel......but they aren't dead. You get a second chance. That's something not everyone gets." I say as I look down, remembering the accident resulting in my wingman's death.

"That wasn't your fault either, Lottie." He says.

"If the stupid gun had just fired like it was supposed to........" I say clutching my dad's dog tags, "He would be so disappointed in me....." I whisper but by the look Bradley is giving me, he definitely heard it.

"Are you kidding? Lottie...Vapor... your dad would be so proud of you. I know I didn't even know him but trust me, I've seen you fly and shoot, hell even I'm impressed so I know your dad would be." He says looking at me. My eyes fill with tears as I listen to him, once he finishes I try to speak but I'm too choked up so I hug him tightly and he puts his strong arms around me. I am not genuinely some who enjoys hugging people, but right now...right now I never want it to end.

After about a minute we both loosen our grip and step away from each other.

"Your friends are in room 185. Then I want you back in your room, I'll send in a nurse to help get your IV back in." The nurse at the front counter says, so I nod and head there along with Bradley. As I walk in I see Phoenix and Bob in the room talking to each other, both of them looking perfectly fine. As we walk in Bob looks over making eye contact with me then looks at Bradley and he frowns slightly so I slyly take a step away from Bradley so he doesn't think we came in "together"

"How the tables have turned." I say trying to make them laugh, it's my best way of comforting people. They both laugh and look at me, "Are you guys okay?" I ask them.

"Yeah I'm fine they just need to make sure there's nothing wrong before they can release us." Natasha says.

"You shouldn't be out of bed yet...." Bob says and I laugh.

"You sound like the old lady at the front counter." I laugh and I get a smile out of him. I walk over to his bed and gently take his hand like he had done to me this morning.

"Bob....I really.....I um....." I say stuttering over my words. Bob looks at me with one eyebrow raised,

"Yeah....?" He asks. My heart pounds so heavily in my chest that my mind almost feels blank.

"I uh....I....." I say as my mind goes completely blank and I just stand there like an idiot mumbling over my words. "I LIKE YOU!" I say shouting it out and his eyes grow wide and I see a smile cross Phoenix's face and Bradley chuckles next to me. My whole face turns bright red, 'say something.....anything....please.....' I think to myself but he just stays quiet, looking at me. My heart shatters and just as I'm turning away to walk out of the room I hear him say,

"I like you too....like a lot!" He says shyly and my whole face lights up like a Christmas tree.

"Wait really?" I ask turning to him.

"Yeah, pretty much the first time I saw you I thought you were pretty then your personality was as close to perfect as a human can possibly get and I just ended up falling harder for you." He says looking at me before looking down at the ground. My heart leaps and melts at the amazing words,

"Awww...Bob..." I blush, not knowing what to say.

"Cutie." He says watching me blush which just causes me to blush more so I hide my face. Suddenly I hear giggling from outside so I go over to the window to see Jake pick up Sandy by her waist and spins her around as the light rain falls on them, making it just that much more romantic looking. She continues to giggle as they slow dance in the rain before he pulls her into a soft kiss. I smile then look away, not wanting to invade their privacy,

"Well I guess today is the day of love for two lucky girls." Natasha says with a smile as I go over to Bob's bed and he takes my hand and gently squeezes it.

A/N: Sorry for the late update I was on vacation last week and had no service haha. Hopefully this chapter makes up for it! <3 I also cannot say thank you enough for the 4K reads!! That absolutely blows my mind and I appreciate it SO SO much!!