Black Hole Sun

Admittedly, the first thing Jake noted about their situation was how small Frank really was.

He knew they were about the same height, but the crumpled body on top of his chest felt a lot lighter than Jake had assumed it would feel. He was much lankier than Jake had realized, probably because he was hidden under such bulky clothing whenever Jake had seen him before.

Not that he'd ever thought about it or anything.

Frank was covered in blood, a combination of his own and others, and his mask and weapon were nowhere to be found. Presumably, his belongings had been taken by The Entity and left back in Ormond when she decided to shove him down the hatch with him.

Jake stared at the details of his face, taking in each and every scar that had been hidden under the mask.

His lip was split open, blood trickling down from the bruised wound on his face, but where The Entity had punctured him had been healed.

He had to admit, he didn't look how Jake was expecting- in fact, he'd even go so far to say he looked handsome.

Though that thought alone was enough to freak him the fuck out.

"What the fuck is he doing here!"

A voice Jake recognized as Cheryl's spoke. Her tone seemed surprised as she circled around the two of them on the ground, eventually dipping down next to Jake.

And Jake quickly realized how he'd just been laying there with a literal killer on top of him, letting out an uncharacteristically surprised gasp. With a grunt, he shoved the body off, hearing it roll onto the ground with a soft thump.

"Dude, chill. The Entity can't send killers down here, it must have done something to him."

Nea's voice calmed Jake's mind, at least a little. If Frank was here, there must have been something that had happened to him in the last trial.

Jake had never seen The Entity sacrifice a killer before, but it probably wasn't unheard of- especially when there were rumours of survivors becoming killers. Besides, there basically weren't any rules here, anyway. Even death was a temporary problem.

Jake was more thankful than ever when he realized Dwight coming over to them.

Gauze in his hands, he knelt down next to Cheryl, with a determined expression pasted on his features.

"Alright, alright! Get outta here, let's leave the new guy alone, please," Dwight said, as his gaze locked with Jake's, and the small crowd parted ways besides him and Dwight.

An emotion stirred in the way their gaze locked, but Jake couldn't put his finger on just what it was. Annoyance? Perhaps, but it wasn't like it was Jake's fault this was happening.

It could have been jealousy, but there wasn't exactly anything to be jealous about, either. Jake had had feelings for Dwight basically since they met, but he'd never been brave enough to act on them, and he was sure that Dwight wouldn't feel the same way about him, anyway, so it didn't really matter.

Besides, if it was a jealousy issue, Jake wanted to ask questions about why someone literally landing on him was a significant enough problem to even cause jealousy in the first place.

Finally, he settled on concern as the cause of the emotion, offering a soft smile to their nervous leader.

"I can clean his wounds up, if you'd like," Jake offered, attention flicking over to the man still crumpled on the ground, "I can watch him until he's awake- he ended up here with me anyway."