25 | Movie Marathon

Zayden

Ali and I are talking about how great sushi is when Tate and Lukas come downstairs. They're both glaring at us like crazy as they come our way. "Hey guys," Ali said, smiling like a cute idiot. That fucking smile.

"Stop" Tate glares and sits down on her boyfriend's lap. Ali drops her jaw and shoots her hands up in defense. "What did I do?!"

Tate shifts around and pulls Ali by the ear towards her. "You know what you did." Ali throws her hands up in defense again and moves away from Tate, coming closer to me.

"Anyways" I start. "What movie should we watch? I'm thinking we should watch the Marvel movies in order."

"Yeah, we should" Ali immediately agrees, a smile reaching her face. For fucks sake why does her smile send chills up my body? Not the bad chills where you feel like someone is stalking you or bad vibes. The chills where you feel your body burst into a million pieces out of happiness.

Words can not explain how many good chills Ali gives me.

"Whatever" Tate said, tucking her head in Lukas's neck. Alright, then lovebirds.

Ali goes on her phone and by the looks of it, she's on an illegal website. Seconds later, a movie was projected onto the tv, the intro of a movie playing. She probably hooked it up from the website.

Ali stands up and brushes off invisible dust on her shorts. "I'm going to go get popcorn and get drinks, I've already watched this movie anyways."

After she disappeared into the kitchen, I stood up and followed her direction. I've seen the movie way too many times. Summer always makes me rewatch marvel movies with her. I almost know some of the script by heart.

As I enter the kitchen I see Ali leaning on the counter beside the microwave. The popcorn is popping in the microwave loudly.

I must've stared for too long because she turned around and met my gaze. "What are you doing?" She asked, looking at him with a soft face. There's no point in lying, especially when I want her to realize that I am her childhood best friend.

"Watching you."

Her cheeks tinted red as she drifted from my gaze, finding a spot on the floor to look at. "That's weird," she tells me, averting her attention from the floor back to my eyes.

I can't stop looking at her. It's like every time I look at her I get sucked in by her spell. Anytime I catch even a glance at her I feel like I'm swimming through an emerald green pool of water, never finding a shore.

Ali walks up to me and punches my shoulder. "Stop staring at me, it's weird." The way she punched my shoulder was cute. The way I didn't feel anything from that punch was cute. "And if I don't stop staring? What'll happen?"

Her eyes keep looking from the floor to my eyes, back and forth. And even though we are only two inches apart, I feel as if I'm being drawn closer to her by the second. "Zayden." She whispered softly, moving closer to me, closing the space between us.

"Yeah?" I tilt my head slightly, staring at her emerald green eyes that stared back into mine. I swear I could see a small spark in her eyes before they were quickly washed away.

"The popcorn is ready, take it out." Just as she said that the microwave went off and started beeping repeatedly meaning the popcorn was ready. Did she have to tease me like that?

Ali backed away with a knowingly smirk on her face, as she turned and walked got the fridge. She knew what she was doing there, and whatever it was it worked.

I curse under my breath and go straight to the popcorn, doing exactly as she told me.

Ali was grabbing drinks from the fridge and a few cups. "Good to know that you're doing what I told you too, whipped boy." God, why does everyone think that I'm whipped? "For the last time, I'm not whipped, Ali."

She hummed and smiled to herself before walking back to the living room. "Yeah, whatever you say, Zay." Did she just call me Zay? I can feel my heart jump up and down in my body. My heart is spinning around with excitement, I think it might burst.

My head was somewhere else because as I was pouring the popcorn into a bowl, half a portion of it spilled on the floor. Shit.

I don't even have time to react fast enough because Ali comes back to the kitchen. And as she was opening her mouth to say something, she paused when she saw the mess on the floor. A laugh escaped from her lips as she desperately tried covering it up with her hands.

"Sorry to burst your bubble Zayden but there is a popcorn spill on aisle one." She joked. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop myself from laughing at her jokes. Sometimes, they aren't even that funny. She just amuses me in every way possible that I let out a real laugh every time.

Fuck, what is she doing to me?

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

Multiple movies later, we are on Avengers Endgame and tears are falling out of both Tates and Ali's eyes. They're cuddled up close to each other, sobbing with their popcorn lying scattered on their shared blanket.

Lukas looks at me then at his girl then back at me. I scratch my head and shrug my shoulders, speaking to him without words.

As the end credits play, Ali and Tate are officially sobbing messes. If I was an award person, I would reward them for crying the most during the ending of an avengers movie.

Lukas copies my movements from early and scratches his head, looking at the sobbing girls.

"Ladies, it's okay" he tries putting a reassuring hand on Tate's back but she immediately pushes it away, cuddling up closer to Ali.

Lukas shoots me a "well I tried look" before standing up and grabbing all the bowls. I stand up with him and pick up the drinks and cups, following him to the kitchen.

Lukas places the bowls in the sink and leans on the counter afterward. "So, how's it going with you and Ali?" That's some strong language he's using there.

"Okay one thing, only I can call her that nickname," Lukas lets out a laugh and throws his hands up in defense. "My bad man, I meant Aliyia." Good. "Well, things are going too slow. I feel like I'm in some slow-burn teenage movie."

Lukas looks at me and sighs, a grin suddenly appearing on his face. "So, how the fuck do you comfort a girl crying over the ending of an avengers movie?"

One thing came to mind. My mom always used to do this when she was grieving over a tv character or literally anything.

"Ice cream."

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎
Authors Note

Thoughts on this chapter? Always what do u think about Ali teasing him🤭 she doesn't know yet ofc but she just finds it funny to tease him. Also bear with me, I hate how slow this slow burn is too trust me. But I'm gonna cave in and make them kiss soon I promise 🙏🙏