2

(Tay up top)
---------------------_-_-_------------------_-_-_-------
Carter POV (Mel's dad)

I sat bolt up in my bed to the sound of sobbing in the other room, I look at my alarm clock and it read 3:35am. I sigh and quickly get out of bed, heading down the hall to Mel's room where the crying was.

I gently knock on the door and I hear the crying come to a complete stop. Creepy.

"Mel? Hunny can you let me in?" I ask gently. I hear a sniffle and some shuffling coming towards the door, the click of the lock then shuffling away.

I slowly open the door and look inside, the sight before me making me sigh and shake my head; Mel sat on the other side of the room under his desk with tears streaming his face, even in the darkness I could see the wet spot on his covers. I walk over to him and put my hand on his shoulder, offering a small smile to him.

"Go take a shower, I'll replace your sheets." He nods softly and sniffles again before crawling out from under the desk and quickly rushing to the bathroom.

I quickly strip his sheets from the bed and carry them into the laundry room, putting them in the washer and putting in the detergent. Thank god for shopping today. I turn on the washer and make my way back up to his room, I walk over to his desk and turn on his small lamp, dimly lighting the room with a warm glow.

Thankfully the urine didn't get to his mattress. I head to the storage room and grab some extra sheets and blankets before heading back and making his bed neatly. I sigh and sit on the edge as I think about what had just happened and why. How did he wet the bed? Maybe the pull up leaked... or he didn't wear the pull up at all! Would he do that? I mean, he was upset that he had to wear them to school and all.

I push away the thoughts and realize Mel probably needs some clothes for when he got out. I head over to his closet and grab him a large bright red sweater and some PJ shorts, then I head over to his desk and grab him a pull up from his drawer. I make my way to the bathroom and can hear the water running, I knock on the door and here a shaky "come in". I open the door and set the clothes on the shelf, I then grab his discarded clothes for to put in the washer.

"I set you out some clothes on the shelf, I'm taking the old clothes to the laundry room." I inform him.

"Okay, thanks dad." I nod although he can't see it and leave the bathroom. I put his clothes in the washer before heading back up to his room and sitting on the bed to talk to him.

Soon enough I hear the shower turn off, and a little after that I hear the bathroom door open and shut. Mel comes into the bed room shortly after with his head down low, I pat the spot next to me and he sits down.

"So what happened champ?" I ask gently, almost immediately I see tears in his eyes. I quickly wipe them away and hug him. "Hey, no need to shed any tears, I'm not mad. Just tell me what happened." He sniffled and rubbed his eyes with his sleeves.

"I thought I could do it." He mumbled, still looked down with clear disappointment.

"What do you mean?"

"I thought I could make it through the whole night without an accident." He sniffled.

"So you didn't wear your pull up?" I concluded, he only nodded. I gave him a hug and he quickly returned it, gently sobbing into my shoulder. "Don't worry hunny. We'll get there soon, some day you won't have to wear it anymore."

"But when?" He sobs.

"I don't know, but I know you'll grow out of it. I had the same problem as you, I grew out of it." It's true, I had the same problem as Mel, up until I was nineteen. "Let's get to bed, you have school in a few hours." I pick him up and set him in bed after pulling back the covers. I tuck him in and give him a kiss goodnight.

"Love you dad." He mumbled as his eyes start to close, I smile.

"Love you too champ."

I turn off the lamp and leave the room, closing the door behind me. I make my way back to my own bed and crawl in, sleep easily taking me over.

Time skip to morning
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Mel POV

I woke up to the annoying beeping of my alarm, I groan and sit up. Rubbing my eyes I stumble out of bed and turn off the alarm, the events of last night washing ober me. Fucker.

I head over to my closet and grab a simple outfit for school, then I head over to my desk and reluctantly grab a pull up. Heading over to the bathroom I quickly change and brush out my crazy hair. I head back to my room and look in the body mirror, not that bad.

I grab my messenger like bag and grab two extra pull ups, stuffing them in the front pocket of my bag before slinging it over my shoulder

I start my walk out of my room when a strong smell overwhelms me; chocolate chip pancakes! I run down the stairs and swing around, bolting into the kitchen where I find dad cooking.

"Morning Mel, I'm making double chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and strawberries, for your first day." I nod as he slides a plate of two pancakes in front of me. I squeal and grab the whipped cream, putting a large amount onto the pancakes before grabbing the chocolate syrup and putting it over the whipped cream and pancakes. I grab the bowl of sliced strawberries and put on a few pieces before taking a photo of the masterpiece with my phone.

I start eating it quickly when dad hands me a glass of milk to wash it all down, which I greatfully take.

"Thanks dad!" I say once I'm done with the pancakes, I look at the time on my phone and curse. "I'm gonna be late!" I hop out to my seat with my bag and wave my dad goodbye before rushing into the garage to get my bike. I hop on and quickly start making my way to the highschool.

My highschool is really big, like, really big. It's also very popular and holds all the high grade students, out football team is amazing, so is our track and volleyball, and tennis, and basketball. We've won every game we have ever played! We're looked up to by most school. If it wasn't for our school being rather toxic and kinda discriminating towards some people, then we would be perfect!

It dosen't take me long to get up to the highschool and to lock my bike in the bike rack at the front of the school near the doors. I hop off my bike with my bag.

"Hell, here I come."