one || hungry eyes

--------------------
CHAPTER ONE
'hungry eyes'

BAD REPUTATION
joan jett
1:05 ───|────── 2:49
| II |

█ 100 %

"HAYES, MITCHELL ENTER." Their Admiral ordered them to walk into his office, with their heads high.

"Stand down lieutenants." He says to them, their posture relaxing. The two women share looks.

Kat 'Razor' Hayes broke her glance from her rear admiral to her RIO, Julie 'Dice' Mitchell. Her backseater and best friend kept the identical stoic expression her brother, Pete held. "Though I'm incredibly dissatisfied with that buzz on the tower earlier,"

His voice stayed monotone, he focused on Razor after that last statement. "I have some amazing, but surprising news for you two ladies." His lips curled a bit. "Razor, I'm sure your father will be extremely happy to hear this."

Now it was Dice's turn to break her expression, looking down at Admiral Thompson sitting in his chair. "What do you mean, sir?" Dice was always the first one to speak up to their superiors, how shocking.

Though in the air, Razor was the one who was quick to irritate the Admirals. But the Mitchell's always found a way. "You two are going to be packing your bags and heading to Miramar."

Then it clicked.

"I'm looking at the first women to attend Top Gun. Congrats ladies."

--------------------

THEY WALKED DOWN the short pathway in the small classroom at Top Gun, Dice easily spotting her brother Maverick and his RIO, Goose.

"Well what do we have here," A guy whistled but his buddy next to him, a guy with bleached tips in his hair, snorted and smacked his shoulder pretending to be offended with what his friend said, Razor just gave him the bird as she turned to sit down next to Goose and Dice in the front row alongside Maverick.

"I see you two found your way, it's about time!" Goose started off.

Razor cracked a small smirk. "Difficult to do when you don't have a third leg."

"And yet, here you are." The man nodded. Razor just shook her head.

While Goose was literally the only one who seemed excited for the two women in the room, that left Maverick to think on his own. Not exactly being the most welcoming to his sister and her pilot.

The other Mitchell had been occupied, having a childish staring contest with that same guy who couldn't seem to wipe off the smirk on his face.

"Gentlemen," The Admiral started, walking down the row of seats. He then turned to Razor and Dice. "And ladies." The last statement caused some snickers.

"Here is Commander Mike Metcalf, calling; Viper." He informed, as another older guy walked behind him.

"You are the top 1% of all naval aviators."

"The elite, best of the best." The Commander went on. Razor looked between him and all the plaques in the room, Dice looking bored, along with the other aviators in the room. "We'll make you better."

His confidence and straightforwardness is something Razor admired, something she was used to growing up. Her Dad had won the Top Gun trophy when he was her age, and as her older brother, Thomas, had taken a liking in starting a business and not joining the military, Razor took it upon herself to be the next best in the family.