eight || heaven

————————————————————
CHAPTER EIGHT

THE LAST TIME
Taylor swift
1:05 ───|────── 4:59
|◁ II ▷|
∞ ↺
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

THE LAST TIME she was up in the air, Dice was right behind her. Now, it was Wolfman.

Though she was encouraged to take another day, Razor was determined to not fall into third place behind Iceman and Maverick. So here she was, recently physically cleared to fly, and Wolfman had been placed as Razor's new RIO.

They were up against Jester and another instructor, this was supposed to be a walk in the park for Razor. But now she was hesitant to engage.

"Copy, we got two bogeys at 3 o'clock low, Razor. You got the angle, this is a piece of cake girl." Wolfman said, sounding more enthusiastic than his pilot.

"C'mon kid, take the shot." She heard Jester comment over the comms, now practically handing her the shot.

The polaroid of her and Dice was placed where it usually was, right in front of her and to the left. Razor sighed, blinking hard fighting back her emotions, it was a mental battle that her intrusive thoughts were currently winning.

Wolfman was getting impatient, though he understood. "Let's get to it Razor! We don't have all day." He sighed.

No one could convince her to grieve, take more time but a piece of her just wanted to get back on the ground and never fly again, so she did the thing that would speed this whole process up. "Copy, taking the shot. Switching to guns." She instructed.

Razor angled the jet, weaving to get Jester. In which she did. "There you go. Now let's land this sucker." Wolfman sighed.

As soon as she hopped out of the jet, she booked it to the locker room. Having no time or urgency to talk to the other pilots. "Razor! Wait up,"

She knew it was Iceman. His voice had a concerned tone. "Kat just stop for one second, will ya?" The blonde pilot continued to follow her inside.

"Iceman I'm not in the mood, I'm sorry." Razor turned around, huffing.

Razor was beyond annoyed. At herself, at Wolfman for pushing her, and now Iceman for annoying her. "It's only been 3 days, why are you here?"

"What? My RIO and best-friend died, so I can't be at Top Gun anymore?" Razor snapped back, feeling attacked though the thought was innocent.

They were standing in the hallway just inside of the building, Razor could tell her response pained Iceman, seeing his jaw clench in frustration as he was finding the right words to say in a time like this.

"No, I mean," He paused, now looking at the floor while taking a breath. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." Iceman didn't believe her for a second as he analyzed her facial expression, searching for something. She looked away as she couldn't stand to look at him, feeling pressure to look okay, or to feel some type of emotion.

Though, she just felt numb.

"You should probably get out there, it's almost your turn I bet." Razor said, keeping her tone sincere. "I'm not doing anything later, if you'd like to head over you can,"