three || circle in the sand

--------------------

CHAPTER THREE
'circle in the sand'

SLOW RIDE
foghat
1:05 ───|────── 3:58
| II |

100 %

THE AIR WAS STUFFY. Kat could already feel herself getting claustrophobic, even as a fighter pilot, but after the events of last night at this same bar; Kat strongly regrets coming out tonight, and even worse, she forgot she had invited Iceman.

She didn't know what the definition of tonight would be, if Iceman had thought of this as a date or just a simple path to get in bed with Kat. Or if this was just a simple group of friends and coworkers getting drinks together, she didn't even know if he'd want to talk with Maverick and Goose, or even Dice, maybe Iceman would drag Razor to the actual bar where they could talk alone.

"You're one drink in and you're already out of it, are you feeling alright?" Julie lifted the back of her hand and put it to Kat's forehead. Which Kat swatted away once she zoned back in. "Usually I'm the lightweight." Julie remarked.

"I was just thinking," Kat lied, taking a sip of her Jack Daniels, grimacing as the liquid burned her throat going down. "I can't believe we're the first women to compete for the Top Gun trophy." She lied again, trying to lie her way through this whole night.

Julie shrugged. "We're just like them, if not better." She said, referring to the men. "Speaking of them, we should probably tend to our children." Julie joked.

The two girls walked away from the bar with all of their drinks. When they got back to the table that Goose had managed to snag despite the bar being completely packed, Iceman and Slider were sitting across Maverick and Goose. "Oh boy." Julie sighed.

"You invited them didn't you?" Julie turned her head to Kat as they stopped before walking up to the table.

Kat quirked an eyebrow and scoffed. "I invited Tom, not his backseater."

"Tom? Since when were you two on a first name basis?" Julie quizzed.

"I don't really think we are, but who cares. Now is not the time, we should probably get back before Mav and Ice start World War 3." Kat replied, continuing to walk through the bar.

Mav and Goose noticed the two walking up behind Slider and Iceman, the boys had been glaring at the girls, knowing either one of them invited the other pilots. But their eyes ultimately fell to Razor, who innocently and awkwardly smiled.

Dice was quick to slide into the last spot in the booth next to her brother, leaving Razor to sit next to Iceman, who never seemed to wipe that smirk off of his face. "Ladies, glad you could join us." He announced, winking at Razor who tried her hardest to hide her blush.

"Would've been nice if you had told us these fools were coming to join us," Maverick told Razor, who rolled her eyes.

"Calm down would ya?" She remarked. "Spending a few hours with your fellow Top Gun pilots won't kill you."