Chapter #2 Inu-Sensei

"He's late. Why is he so late?" Sakura complained.

"Maybe because our sensei is a Jonin, some Jonins are called in for missions at the drop of a hat. I'm sure our sensei thought that three Genins would understand how the protection of the village took higher priority than introductions. You do want the village to be safe, right?" Sakura flinched at Naruto's unreadable expression behind his mask. The mask as a whole always creeped Sakura out, not being able to see the teen's expressions when he spoke was also off-putting. Not to mention that the blonde would sometimes speak in a dull tone, almost emotionless, when he was calm. It seems that he was always trying to keep calm and collected, but would sometimes break it when he got too excited or angry, right now a hint of annoyance was seeping through his dull-sounding voice.

"O-Of course I do, Baka! But a competent shinobi, like Sasuke-Kun, makes it on time. You could learn something from him, you should take notes on how a real ninja acts." Naruto suddenly jerked his head towards the door, Sakura closed her mouth- cutting off the question that was on her lips- when she heard footsteps, and the door opened.

'How did he notice him before we did?' Sakura thought.

'He noticed him before either of us. Could he be a sensor-type?' Sasuke wondered. Sasuke noticed how Naruto's body tensed up upon the appearance of the apparent Jonin. He was wearing a standard shinobi shirt and pants, the standard Jonin vest, but he was wearing a black mask that covered his mouth, and his headband covered his left eye. But the most strange thing about the man was his gravity-defying hair.

The man looked unimpressed by the scene in front of him. He brought a hand to his mask-covered chin- a thinking pose. "As far as first impressions go, you're a bunch of idiots." Sasuke noticed Naruto flinch, as the Jonin pointed to the ceiling.

"Meet me on the roof." He disappeared in a poof of smoke.

"What the-? How did he do that?"

"Teleportation Jutsu. It's a D-rank supplementary Jutsu, it's very useful for getting out of tight spots. I recommend you learn it. Ja ne." Naruto then also disappeared in a similar poof of smoke. Sakura and Sasuke's eyes jumped to their hairline in surprise. Sakura jumped out of her seat and ran to the roof, while Sasuke calmly walked.

"How nice of you to join us." Sasuke ignored the Jonins irritated drawl and took a seat in between his two teammates.

"Well now that we're finally all here, let's introduce ourselves."

"Introduce ourselves? What are we supposed to say?" Sakura asked dumbly, making the three males sigh in exasperation.

"State your names, things you like, things you hate, hobbies, dreams for the future. Stuff like that."

"Why don't you go first, show us how it's done, Sensei?" Naruto asked. Sasuke had a slinking feeling that Naruto cared more about learning about the sensei than learning what he wants them to say.

The gray-haired Jonin pointed at himself. "Me? Alright. My names Hatake Kakashi. Things I like and things I hate? I don't feel like telling you that. Dreams for the future? I never really thought about it. As for my hobbies, well I have lots of hobbies."

"You-you didn't say anything but your name," Sakura whined.

"On the contrary, I told you a lot, but you're more than welcome to show me how it's done." Kakashi challenged.

"I'm Haruna Sakura, things I like *giggles*, my hobbies *giggles*, dreams for the future *squeals*" Naruto found himself hating his pink-haired teammate at that moment. All affections he's previously had for the girl disappeared hours before when he overheard her insulting him for being an orphan, and to her crush- who's also an orphan- has she no shame? But now she lost all of the respect he had for her intelligence. He felt embarrassed to be associated with her around his hero.