Chapter #8 Finding Tsunade

Naruto and Jiraya were on the road for a month, and they were no closer to finding Tsunade than when they started. Until they walked into a bar and found her at a table with a young woman and a ...pig?

"Jiraya?" Tsunade drunkenly slurred. Jiraya and Naruto sat down at the table. "So you're Senju Tsunade. You definitely aged better than your teammates, this pervert in particular." Naruto commented while adding a jab at the perverted Sannin. Tsunade shrieked with laughter.

"I like this kid. What's your name, brat?"

"Uzumaki Naruto, son of Uzumaki Kushina. And a proud student of Hatake Kakashi." Naruto wanted to emphasize that he wasn't the pervert's student. 

Tsunade jerked her head in surprise. "Your Kushina's brat?" Naruto's calm demeanor changed to a softer curious one. "Did you know her? Were you her sensei?" Tsunade shook her head. "Not in the way you think. She technically apprenticed under me for a short time when she worked at the Hospital. I left shortly after she did, she said that she missed the action in the field and resigned." 

Naruto had to steel himself for the next part. "I can tell that it's probably the last thing you want to do, but I need you to return to the Leaf Village. Two of my team members including my sensei have been put into a Genjutsu that the medics can't break them out of, the Hokage has theorized that you may be the only one who can. He's also requested that you stay to become his successor as the Fifth Hokage, but I know that you won't agree to that."

"You got that right, I don't ever want to step foot into that village again."

"I don't blame you, it's horrible. Can I ask you a question?" Tsunade nodded as she took a sip from her cup of Sake. "You're the Granddaughter of Senju Hashirama, the first Hokage, and Uzumaki Mito, the first Jinchiriki of the Kyubi?"

"And Grandniece to the Second Hokage, Senju Tobirama," Tsunade confirmed. Naruto nodded and started forming his next words in his mind before saying them out loud.

"Then I have a request to you as a distant relative, uhh Auntie." Tsunade allowed the nickname. It was accurate enough, she supposed.

"If you won't return to the Leaf to heal my teammates and/or become the Hokage, then can you write some instructions on how to heal them, and name a candidate for Hokage? Because retiring is set in stone in the old man's head, if you don't become the Hokage then he'll probably name the pervert as Hokage. If that happens the Village that your Grandfather and Granduncle and probably your Grandmother helped build and gave their lives for, will become an international joke, I'd like to ask that you name my sensei as a candidate for Hokage."

Tsunade had promised to consider his request as the four (five including the pig) of them slept at an Inn, in separate rooms. Naruto's neck pain brought on by the Curse mark had kept him awake for most of the night. Naruto's neck throbbed uncomfortably for hours, before it suddenly stopped, allowing him to get some much-needed sleep. 

Naruto was surprised that his request last night had convinced her to return to her home and become the next Hokage. But here she was, with her apprentice, Shizune who was carrying a pig. Naruto wondered if it was livestock that they were keeping for an emergency.

Naruto sighed as they walked into the Leaf village.

"By the way, Naruto?" Naruto looked at his fellow blonde. "How did you learn about your heritage? I thought Sarutobi-Sensei withheld that information due to potential enemies looking for a settling score."

"I looked at memorial stones for the ones fallen during the Kyubi attack and searched for the name Uzumaki until I found one, checked Hospital records that said she was pregnant and expecting on my birthday, I also found in her file that she was the Jinchiriki in between Mito and myself. If the Hokage punishes me for that, I'm counting on you to bail me out, Auntie." Tsunade chuckled. "No promises," She was already growing a bond with this boy. Tsunade followed Naruto to the Hospital and healed Kakashi and Sasuke.