〆 Slurs used by South Indians

This topic was requested by dreamer_bells

This topic was requested by dreamer_bells. Hope this was what you were looking for!

══════════════════

Disclaimer : I am not an Indian. I am of Italian and British descent thus, I won't receive any responsibility and tolerate any nonsense for any accidental misinformation since the points and information are taken from different resources. Otherwise, you can rectify any blunders and it will be corrected onwards. 

══════════════════

● It's not an unknown matter to all Indians about the derogatory and racist terms South and North Indians use to each other. It's a matter of denigration that this matter is often overlooked by others referring it as a joke or sometimes, affection. 

We will be talking about some racial slangs which South Indians use to refer North and North East Indians. 

◍ It's often seen that North Indians are referred as 'Bangalees'. For the people of Southern India, there's no Eastern India, Central India, North East. For them, the northern part of Deccan Plateau is a wall for them. It's either north of the wall or south of the wall. Geographically, the north of the wall includes Gujarat from the west till Tripura in the north east, Jammu in the north and MP, UP, Bihar in the Central part, which is considered as North India. For the other part of India, Bengalis are Eastern Indian, for Bengalis, they are West Bengal while for the southern part, they belong to the wide variants of North India. It's a shame that the people of Southern India are not aware of the Northern states and refer them as 'Bengali' just because of their misperception as well as some of the jobs they do i.e. cleaning, farming etc. which are considered degrading. It's stereotyping and demeaning a whole ethnicity. 

This enraging occurrence is not partial. It's mutual. People aside South India, also have the usage of decent amount of slangs/slurs for South Indians.

◍ Not a derogatory term but still an offensive reference for southern people is 'Madrasi'. Madras City was the nerve centre of Madras Presidency, so people of every southern region flocked here for education, business and profession. They even learned the language of Madras city, Tamil. For the lack of knowledge, people from other states refer South Indians as 'Madrasi' which is highly offensive. Citizen from Tamil Nadu mostly do not take it offensively but people from other three states take it offensively and consider it as a degradation. Cause they are not from Madras. They have their own unique culture and specialities. Thus, they feel awkward or angry when their identity and nativity get misjudged or generalized. Thus, it's very offensive and inappropriate to mess with their identity.

☾☽

◍ In conclusion, racism and usage of derogatory terms do exist among different communities in one single country. Every human being should be referred as their congenital identity and no one should mess with it. 

☾☽

It would be appreciated if you read the information above carefully and attentively. And do read the disclaimer first if you haven't.

Ci vediamo.

══════════════════

Provided by our Ace I_Am_Ur_Daddy.

We hope this chapter helped you! Drop thoughts down in the comment section!