𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

it was a windy day and the whole umbrella academy was on a mission but they— Ashley and Ben were left behind because Pogo was sick and someone needed to take care of him other than their mother who was cleaning the whole house

"wait Pogo! i'm going to make soup for you" Ashley smiled at him who was laying down on his bed, "t-thank you ms Ashley" Pogo coughed out, Ashley smiled at him before closing the door of his room.

she skipped down their staircase and went straight to the kitchen, she tied her hair and put on an apron, the 15 year old girl then decided to see some recipes for a soup that Pogo might like.

"how about the famous chicken soup" she looked for the recipe in her mother's recipe book, she flipped and flipped the pages and eventually found it.

Ashley walked over to the freezer and grabbed the chicken and started to defrost it, she turned to where the vegetables where set and raised her hand in front of her, and the carrots swung to her hand. she smiled.

as she begins to chop the carrots she remembers Ben who was in his room doing nothing probably, Ashley looking at the flights of stairs she teleported in front of Ben's room.

"Ben!" she knocked, "Ben?" she knocked again. "Ben open the fucking door?" she knocked multiple times, "fuck! fuck!" she heard Ben groan. her eyes widen.

"Ben?" she knocked once again, "wait! fuck!" Ben replied from the other side, a minute passed by and Ben opened his door eventually

"what the hell were you doing!" Ashley exclaimed at him "i stubbed my toe!" Ben exclaimed back, "what do you need anyway?" he asked laying on his back, "i need you to help me make soup for Pogo" she answered, "but i'm tired" he whined.

"tired of what? you didn't do anything the whole day!" "how about we just" Ben pulled her to lay down beside him, "lay here in my room and listen to music? huh? how about that? hm?" he turned to his side to look at him.

"no Ben, we need to take care of Pogo like what we promised Dad" she sat up looking at him, "fuck dad, fuck his rules. c'mon Ash, we haven't spent time with each other for quite awhile" he pleaded.

"no. and that's final, c'mon please" Ashley pulled him up, she raised her right hand in front of her and turned her hand clockwise to shut the radio.

"i love it when you do that" Ben grinned at her and followed her down to the kitchen, Ashley's cheeks grew red at Ben's words but she chose to ignore it. "we're going to make chicken soup, the ingredients and steps are there in the book i just need you to help me for the broth and the others" said Ashley who just finished washing her hands.

"no! wait wash your hands first" she said and Ben complied, after he finish washing his hands he then moves beside Ashley and started to chop some vegetables.

after some time of comfortable silence Ben spoke up, "you look pretty" he complimented her as he looks at her side profile, "thanks" she laughs looking at him and back at the carrots she's chopping.

"i'll continue this," she said finishing the carrots, "just do the broth," Ben nodded. Ashley turns to look at the table and saw a radio, she turned back and tilted her head to the left, the radio went on and 'Heaven can wait by Michael Jackson' started playing.

"it's your favorite song" Ben smiled walking up to Ashley and hugging her from behind, "are you even done with the broth?" she chuckled "yea"

"you're beautiful, you're wonderful, incredible, i love you so" Ben sang to her as he sways left to right, "each moment spent with you is simple wonderful" Ashley sang aswell, she looks over at him and laughs. "i love you" he placed a kiss on her cheek.

"i love you too" Ashley replied turning to kiss him on the lips.

────────.ೃ*────────

Ashley and Ben just finished making the soup for Pogo and they teleported to his room, "Pogo?" Ashley knocked, "come in ms Ashley" he coughs, Ben opened the door gently for Ashley to come in holding a tray of the soup and a glass of water.

"here you go Pogo, i'm sorry it took long" said the girl as she placed the tray down on his bed, "it's alright, thank you ms Ashley, sir Ben" Pogo smiled at the two teens before trying the soup.

"Pogo if you need anything just call us" said Ben before leaving his room with Ashley. they went down to meet with their mother, "oh, kids is there anything you guys need?" she smiled, "oh no mom. we just wanted to see you" Ben wrapped his arm around Ashley's shoulder pulling her closer.

"um we are going to go eat soup, if you need anything just call us" Ashley said turning around to leave "okay," Grace smiled before continuing to clean.

they ran up to the kitchen, "i'm so tired" Ben groaned and slumped on one of the chairs, Ashley rolled her eyes and, walked over to grab bowls. she poured soup on each of the bowl and handed one to Ben.

"here" she said and gave Ben a spoon, "thanks" Ben smiled as she sat down beside him.

the two teens were eating the soup while listening to the song playing in the radio which is 'she will be loved by maroon 5'

Ben scooted his chair closer to Ashley, Ashley noticed this and laughed at him, leaning her head on his shoulder while doing so.

but the both didn't know everything would change after one mission.

A/N: ugh just finished this, i'm so so sorry it took me sooo long