ch.2

Hello! So far there are only two 'Dagur x male reader' including this one, I hope eventually there will be more. If there are anymore please tell me as I would like to read them!

○▪︎○

"Either we finish them, or they'll finish us! It's the only way we'll be rid of them! If we find the nest and destroy it, the dragons will leave. They'll find another home! One more search. Before the ice sets in." Stoick's voice boomed throughout the Great Hall. Commanding the attention of every person.

I stood next to my dad, Spitelout. A man with a slightly crazed look. His muscle impressive and matched with his broad shoulders made him the archetypal viking. He was practically the Chief's second-in-command.

I looked around the room and saw many Vikings shaking their heads and grumbling in disagreement. It didn't take long before one spoke up.

"Those ships never come back."

That was true and that was why I was worried about going. This was my first voyage and I didn't want it to be my last.

Stoick rebutted the worry with "We're Vikings! It's an occupational hazard! Now who's with me?" He looked around expecting to see a sea of agreeing, cheering vikings but all he got was a
"Today's not good for me. I've gotta do my axe returns."
I don't know who said that but that seemed to be the last straw because Stoick then threatened the crowd.

"Alright. Those who stay will look after Hiccup."

Those few words were able to trigger a swarm of vikings exited for a possible-death-trip.
It was sad. It was sad that Stoick used his shunned son to convince a crowd to go to their possible death and that the crowd preferred marching, or rather sailing, to their possible death than babe-sitting said shunned child.

Phlegma the Fierce yelled "To the ships!" And was quickly followed by my dad "I'm with you, Stoick!" Said man seemed surprisingly ok with the fact that his son was so hated that vikings would do a 180 in their behaviour just to avoid him.

In fact he seemed pleased. "That's more like it!" Vikings left the Great Hall to go and pack for the trip. My dad placed a heavy hand on my shoulder. "The chief wants to speak to you son, don't worry I'll pack your stuff."
I nodded my head, I would have to make sure that I had everything when I got back my dad could often underpack.

I walked towards the chief and Gobber.
"Right, I'll pack my undies." Gobber was about to go and pack his things before Stoick stopped him.

"No, I need you and Y/n to stay and train some new recruits."

'Wait what?!'

"No I'm not gonna be responsable for...SIX kids. I can barely handle Hiccup and Snotlout!" Stoick looked at me shook his head.

"I know you were looking forward to this trip, lad, but I need you here to help Gobber train the teens."
He looked like he was about to continue but Gobber spoke up, "Oh, perfect. And while I'm busy, Hiccup can cover the stall. Molten steel, razor sharp blades, lots of time to himself... what could possibly go wrong?" His voice dripped with sarcasm.

It was true though. Hiccup was a creative force with the unrelenting desire to my his imagination reality. So to leave him alone surrounded by tools designed to create was a disaster waiting to happen.