Ch.5

Hello again reader! What did you think about last chapter? Are there still questions in your mind left unanswered? Well you ain't getting answers because today because we are going back to the current time line! Enjoy!

○▪︎○

I laid in bed. Another letter had arrived and it's contents worried me.

Dear lovely n/n,

I, dagur the Deranged, have been quite upset about your complete silence. However I understand that you must be wondering if I am worthy of your attention. And so have decided to prove that I am worthy!

I have a plan, so worry no more of my worthiness! Sadly it will take a while to be able to be completed but do not be discouraged as I will not let anyone get in between us again. I swear this on my weapons. ♡

We will be together by the end of the plan and you should expect the difficult part of the plan to be completed by the next treaty signing.

From Dagur, your beloved.♡

I re-read the letter multiple times, paying no attention to the hearts scattered around, slightly panicked 'what plan!? Do I tell someone? No! Just calm down! Deep breath in, deep breath out.'
I felt myself relax. I needed to think clearly. I knew he had a form of obsession but I had no idea it had gotten so bad. I decided that I should reply. I was in charge of the house and everything in it so I had no longer had to ask my dad if I could borrow some paper.

I walked into my dad's room and searched. That was when it hit me. 'My dad probably doesn't even have any paper!' I continued to search in a sense of false-hope.

I found a total of zero pieces of paper. Was I going to try harder to find paper? No. The small burst of confidence I had to respond to Dagur had disappeared. Abandoning me in my time of need.
Whether I showed it or not Dagur has always put me on edge. Ever since his first attempt of kidnapping me. I shuddered at the memory, I felt as though I was trapped and would never see my family again. I hated feeling so weak and pathetic because somehow I was able to be disarmed and couldn't even defend myself, all my training completely useless.

There was no point in moping about the past because I have learned and have become better and I know that I will not go down without a fight. Atleast that was what I told myself everytime my mind wondered back to those memories. I recalled a unknown feeling that was mixed in with the fear and anxiety I felt that day. It didn't fit in with the other feelings, it felt wrong...it was similar to nervous but not quite the same. I felt it whenever I saw or heard about Dagur.
It made me ignore Dagur's actions and forgive him so easily. It made me want to be near him. It made me want to touch him, to hold hands, hug and cuddle. It felt weird, so I kept it to myself.

⊙°⊙

"This was stupid." I looked around the cove and spotted some almost glass-like black dragon scales by my feet. I crouched down and picked one up and observed it. It was smooth and nice to touch, like a perfectly smooth stone in a pile of jagged ones. Before I could observe it further a dragon swoops past me, knocking me off my feet.

It struggled as it tried to climb up the side of the cove. The nightfury's legs clawed at the stone before falling. It quickly spread its wings and landed ungracefully on the other side of the large pond that was in the centre of the cove. I could hear its growls from where was.