Sick

Luna had to listen to her friends sexual innuendos and questions all night long as they continued to pour more wine down her throat and probe her for information.

Until the three eventually passed out sprawled in the living room, half on half off the furniture.

*****

"Eurgh what time is it?" Jayme groaned out as she grumbled, stretching out.

Lexi groaned and pulled her shirt over her head as Luna grabbed onto the coffee table to pull herself up and looked up at the clock.

"Oh shit it's like half 9!" Luna tried to say as she attempted to pull herself up.

"So?" Lexi asked her.

"I'm meant to be meeting Ace at 10."

Jayme coughed and yanked her back down on the floor.

"Call in sick." She grumbled as Lexi nodded in agreement.

"He's not a job Jay. I have to meet him, it's important." Luna mumbled as she attempted to get up again.

Jayme grumbled as she yanked her back down.

"Where's his number?" Lexi asked as she got up.

"I have it written down on my notebook upstairs, why?" Luna asked as Lexi disappeared up the stairs.

"I'm sure he can cope without you one day girl." Jayme grumbled as she kept a hold of Luna.

"No see, I have to meet him today, we're-" she stopped herself.

"You're what?" Jayme asked as she half sat up and Lexi walked back in, stumbling over to the phone.

"Lex please don't, I have to see him today, we're-" she stopped herself once more.

"You're having a day with us, I'm sure he'll survive." Lexi grumbled as she dialled the number.

Luna sighed as she ran a hand through her hair and waited for the dreaded phone call.

"Oh hey Ac-" Lexi stopped. "Eyeball?"

Luna snapped her head up at her, why was Eyeball answering Ace's phone?

"Yeah no we were just ringing to tell Ace that Luna can't meet hi- oh you were going too as well?"

Luna pulled a confused face as Lexi continued to listen on the phone.

"Huh, maybe they both ate something they shouldn't yeah..." Lexi mumbled as she pulled an awkward face at Luna and Jayme.

"Okay well bye!" Lexi said happily as she slammed the phone down.

"Ace was gonna cancel on you anyway!" She said happily.

Luna forced a smile as every emotion flew through her, he was fine yesterday? Yet now he had Eyeball telling them he was ill and couldn't meet her?

"Okay well let's get changed, food and then hit the shops." Jayme grumbled as she slowly got up.

Lexi grumbled in agreement as Luna sat there completely dazed and confused? Yeah she had "phoned in sick" on the day they were meant to be publicly breaking up but now Ace did?

*****

"Shit!" Luna quickly fired out as she shoved Lexi and Jayme inside the closest shop and quickly shut the door.

"What the fuck?!" Jayme exclaimed as she brushed herself down and the girls looked out the window.

Luna slunk back slightly as they watched through the window.

Ace, Eyeball and the other cobras were all walking along, laughing and joking with each other.

"He's not sick?" Jayme asked blankly.

"Neither am I." Luna quickly confirmed.

"Why would Eyeball say he was then?" Lexi asked as she turned to Luna.

Luna simply shrugged. "I don't fucking know but I can't have him see me put here, knowing I lied!"

"Okay, just play it cool, we got this." Jayme said. "I gotta go see Tommy quick though then we can go back to yours? Ace is hardly gonna go there."

Luna nodded. "As long as he doesn't see me then fine." She mumbled.

"Why are you avoiding your own boyfriend anyway? Like all you did was fake being ill?" Lexi asked as the girls all slowly attempted to quickly leave the shop.

Luna shook off their question. She wasn't about to tell them that her entire relationship with Ace was fake and they had planned to break up today.

"Let's just go see Tommy and be quick about it, the guys could show up at any time." Luna mumbled as they all quickly headed down the street.

*****

Jayme had been dating one of Irbys barmen Tommy for a few months now and she had to tell him about the meal her parents were setting up with his parents as Luna really wasn't a fan of being dragged to where Ace would most likely be.

*****

"Coast is clear, no cobras." Lexi reported as she poked her head outside the bar to Jayme and Luna.

The girls quickly ducked into the bar as they walked up where Tommy greeted them all with smiles.

"Hey girls what can I-"

"Shit!" Luna's whispered exclamation interrupted his question as she quite literally climbed over the bar and came crashing down at his feet just as Lexi and Jayme turned quickly.

"Oh hey!..." Eyeball mumbled as he gave the girls a quick smile.

He watched as the others quickly dived out the bar, following Ace's hasty departure.

"Bye!" He quickly blurted out as he briskly left the bar.

"What the fuck are they doing there?!" Ace snapped as he gestured to the door.

They all shrugged in response as Eyeball subtly looked through the glass window before back at Ace.

"Okay so you know you had me lie and tell her you were ill to avoid her for some reason today?"

Ace nodded slowly.

"She's done the same." Eyeball spoke calmly.

Ace scoffed and shook his head. "She hasn't."

"So that's not her in there having just stood up from behind the bar with her friends?" Eyeball asked as he pointed at the door.

Ace almost shoved him aside as he quickly looked through before turning to the cobras.

"She's not fucking ill." He almost snapped.

*****

"He's not fucking ill." She almost snapped at Lexi and Jayme.

*****

"You gonna tell us what the fucks going on and why you are trying to avoid the girl you're so clearly actually happy with?" Eyeball asked as they all stared at Ace.

Ace sighed. "We agreed we wouldn't tell anyone..." he mumbled as he ran a hand through his hair.

*****

"Oh please when people say that, everyone knows your best friends don't count." Jayme scoffed, not buying the 'we said we wouldn't tell anyone' like.

"Spill it Luna." Lexi ordered her as even Tommy leant closer, growing curious about the situation.

*****

"Okay but if I tell you then you seriously don't fucking tell her I told you?!" Ace snapped at them.

They all nodded quickly in agreement as they crowded around him, ready to hear it.

*****

"Okay but if I tell you then you promise not to freak out or tell him I told you?" Luna asked them all quietly and cautiously, knowing full well they'd freak out anyway.

Nevertheless they all nodded in agreement as they all leant closer to her, ready to hear it.