I. Derry, Maine

Rain began to sprinkle on the car windows. Richie rubbed his eyes waking up to the brisk morning light. He raised his right hand blocking the sunlight. As the light illuminated through drops of rain on the window, he realized the car was still. The boy jumped up peering out the window, his gaze reached a sign.

"Welcome to Derry! Enjoy your stay right here at home." Big words were painted on the sign. Noticeably the word "Derry." Being crossed out by the word "Hell." Richie sighed out of relief, laying his back on the cushioned seat.

Richie had seen the gas station by here many times, too many to count. The cheap neon sign lit up even under the rain that began to downpour more. He slipped his left hand into his pants pocket, pulling out a picture. It was a picture of him and six other people, he was happy.

Even though he tried to be open to them Richie was always more happy to see Eddie than the rest of the group. It made him feel guilty. That is not how a boy should feel about another boy. His thumb wiped over a teary mark, right by the brunette's face.

His thoughts were interrupted by the car door quickly opening, and his parents plopped down drenched.

"I told you a storm was coming!" A female voice complained, fixing her hair in the mirror. His father annoyingly sighed.

"Listen, we are almost home it has been a long day." He replied, turning the key. It wasn't anything new to watch them fight. Richie popped in his earbuds, pressing play on a downloaded track. Sitting in muffled silence for the rest of his ride.

Aching hotness pounded into his head as he passed by the familiar houses. Nerves rise, his eyes want to look away but they can't. His mouth and throat felt dry as they turned down the road. The familiar feeling of him fizzing out of reality, watching it bend and twist as he passed the Neibolt house.

He can't remember. He can't remember what has been holding his head so low. What has been in his dreams, is something he cannot understand. Fixing his glasses to his face he gulped. Richie sloped down in his seat and waited for them to pass the house.

Through the blurry window, he could remember.

After what felt like centuries Richie was back home. His heart stopped skipping on fear, oddly he was relaxed. Shoving his track and headphones into his book bag. Wrapping the straps over his shoulders, he pushed the door open. Felt an instant shower of rain drops. Richie popped open the trunk pulling his yellow suitcase out. The rain felt like ice pellets, catching themselves in his curly hair and eyelashes. Unbothered Richie took his time taking the suitcase into his house.

He closed the large door behind him, his own home felt discomforting. Eyes pierced in his skin. Richie turned around to his father in the doorway.

"Happy to finally be home Rich?" Even though the air felt thick and hard to breathe, words flew out.

"Yeah. I missed my friends." His dad nodded, dismissing himself from the conversation. His father had always been awkward since he'd locked himself away from the world, from Richie. He loved his father, but part of him felt unloved. Lacking the reciprocation of his father's love led him to a hard time.

His lonely silhouette followed, but it couldn't speak. Richie decided to quickly unpack upstairs. He dug through to the bottom, reaching a familiar book. A homemade leather photo book in his hands. Richie flipped open the cover showing the main picture of them all.

They all signed it like some dumb middle school autograph book, but he loved it. The book was very worn-out but of good quality overall, he remembered the day he got the photo book.

Flashback-

"Richie I know you are going away for a while, so me and the rest of the Losers Club made this for you." Her bright red hair shined above her unique features.