IV. Don't Choke

The Losers gathered in a circle on some thrown down towels. Bev held the white bottle in her hand, before placing the glass down on its side.

They glared in anticipation.

"Truth or dare but whoever refuses to answer or do takes a shot." She explained the rules, positioning herself next to Ben.

She winded it up and twisted it back. It spun for a few seconds before stopping on Bill. He then grabbed the bottom spinning it again to see who he'd be asking.

Mike.

"Truth or dare, Mike?" Bill slightly bit his lip, like he was stopping himself.

"Hm truth." He reply, Mike definitely calculated his answer.

"Is it true you are seeing anybody?"-

Richie felt an odd feeling in his stomach.

"Actually yes I am." This response led to tons of "Oooos." And impressiveness in the Losers.

"Alright Mike it's your turn." Beverly nodded to him. Mike shot a glance at Bill, a look flashed across his face.

"Ok." He twisted it back and spun it. Eddie.

"Truth or dare?" Mike asked, a slight curl to his lips.

"Since you guys are such pussies, dare." Eddie stubbornly responded, crossing his arms.

"Alright, I dare you to tell your darkest secret."

"Your dirty secret."

Richie felt his face flush.

"I- I can't." Eddie forced out, grabbing a shot glass. He plugged his nose and shot it down.

The Losers sat mouths ajar. Richie especially.

"Eddie it's your spin." Bev reminded him.

Eddie winded it up and spun it. Richie. This was it, the breaking moment. His nerves piled up higher and higher.

"Truth or dare?" Eddie's face was still full of disgust from the shot.

"Truth." Richie managed to force out. He bit his lip harshly.

"What happened yesterday." Suddenly the room seemed to swarm around him. Did Ben tell them? This is too much.

"I need to use the bathroom real fast." He exclaimed before darting outside. He found himself huddled by a tree being able to barely breathe.

"Richie?" Eddie's voice followed behind him.

"Please leave me be for a second Ed's." Richie responded, struggling.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"I don't really know."

Bill looked over at Mike, the Losers all shared glances. The silence was cutting. Suddenly Richie and Eddie came back and sat in their original places like nothing happened. But this time Richie grabbed the shot glass and shot it down.

"Alright." He said as Bev adjusted her beanie. Richie spun the bottle it slowed down carelessly before stopping on Stanley.

"Truth or dare?" Stanley sat nervously.

"Truth." He responded, messing with his hair between his index and middle fingers.

"What is your biggest lie?"

Stanley shifted in his spot, a sinking feeling in his stomach.

"My biggest lie is," He hesitated, not willing to give into the alcohol. "The girl I said I liked." The Losers weren't surprised but still curious.

"What are you gay? Not that it's a bad thing." Beverly asked.

"I'm actually asexual." Stanley kept his eyes to the ground in shame. The Losers weren't in much shock.

"That's cool dude." Richie uplifted him, adjusting his glasses. Stanley's face looked up in less shame. He spun the bottle, Ben.

"Truth or dare, Ben?" He asked.

"Dare."

"I dare you to tell us your crush."

"No way." He responded quickly, Bev held up a shot glass shaking it lightly.

"Fine I'll give you a hint, it's no fun just telling you. We all know them." He said shuffling back to comfort.

"Works for me." Stan replied, not to fond of this whole alcohol situation.

"Guys its getting dark out." Eddie looked threw the hole in the hatch.

"Do you still have that stupid curfew?" Bev asked.

"Yeah. Moms getting paranoid again, she thinks I'm doing drugs."

"This isn't very far from it." Stan sarcastically added.

"Alright well, who wants to make a pitstop with me?" Beverly asked, standing up and grabbing her bag. The Losers all stand up to join her.

"More illegal shit, yay." Stanley deadpanned. They all crept out of the hatch, walking through the forest to their bikes nearby.

They hop onto their bikes, riding off on the street. Through the familiar streets, they parked in the alley. The others threw down their bikes, Stan propped his up. They walked into the pharmacy,

"Eddie, distract the clerk."

"No way, my mom can't find out I was here this late."

"Fine, Richie."

Richie sighed, walking up to the clerk's desk.

"What can I do for you young man?" The old man asked.

"I heard you like Lois Lane, I just so happen to have the comics she features." The conversation became inaudible from afar.

Beverly snuck up and grabbed some cigarettes, quickly shoving them into her back pocket.

"So much for a pitstop." Richie thought.

Once they managed to get out of there, Richie thought he was gonna vomit.

"That dude is weird." He complained.

"Yeah you're telling me." Beverly fixed her hair.

"Well we better get going."

----
word count: 834