Ch 37

"Bold."/"Bold italic" : animatronic is talking/animatronic is talking in mind

"Normal."/"Normal italic." : human is talking/human is talking in mind

=o^o=

Still on the same day, it really rained.

Heavy rain.

Michael looked out the window for a few minutes to see the raindrops were falling very hard, dark gray clouds covered the entire sky so that the atmosphere outside seemed eerie even though it was only three o'clock in the afternoon. Luckily there was no lightning.

He closed the window curtains tightly to block out the view outside, then walked back to the sofa and sat there. His gaze was now fixed on the endoskeleton on the table in front of him. It turned out that the motivation to finish the thing only appeared yesterday, now he's back to lazing around and continuing just a little bit.

Somehow this all suddenly felt wrong to him.

Michael exhaled, the strange feeling as if to say that the endoskeleton wasn't the right thing bothered him greatly. Michael regained his composure, he started to pick up the utensil and intended to continue again.

Thunder suddenly roared loudly.

The tool that Michael was holding suddenly fell as Michael was startled by the sound of thunder. His eyes widened and his lips parted, his fingers trembled as his shoulders stiffened. For a minute Michael froze in place, until a second thunder came he gasped and ran straight into one of the rooms.

Michael shut the door tightly, his breath coming a little bit after he managed to lock it, then he turned and leaned his back against the door and slowly slumped to the floor. He bent his knees to his stomach and wrapped his arms around it before he hid his face, trying to ignore the sound of another thunderstorm that was starting to arrive, the wails of the rain getting louder and louder.

He hates lightning and thunder.

His chest felt tight, he felt nauseous. The loud noises didn't stop. Michael closed his eyes tightly, slowly starting to feel dizzy.

The sound like an explosion sounded again, Michael covered his ears and hoped in his heart that the rain would stop soon.

Ten minutes of lightning and thunder passed very slowly, and five minutes later Michael opened his eyes—he had to check first, but it was true that now only heavy rain remained. Michael took a deep breath, then banged the back of his head against the door.

Shortly after that Michael looked ahead, then flabbergasted; he seemed to have entered the wrong room because Ennard was with him, still non-active. Michael's lips parted slightly, as if he wanted to speak but couldn't. He blinked slowly, before finally deciding to approach the animatronic.

Michael looked up to look at Ennard's face—and damned their vastly different heights—in close detail. Michael raised his hand and tiptoed slightly to reach the cracked part of the white mask, the result of what he had done when they had a fight a year ago. Michael tilted his head, if Ennard stayed silent like this, Ennard actually wasn't too scary, more of funny face.

Maybe because Ennard was built like Circus Baby. Both clowns, Michael snorted in his heart.

Michael's hands started to cup the sides of Ennard's face, he wanted to press that red round nose but the sound of it would might wake Ennard up and Michael didn't want Ennard to find him playing with his face like this or Ennard would really throw him to the other side of the room.

Michael almost jumped on the spot in shock as the thunder returned, he cursed. Without waiting long Michael sat down beside Ennard and bent his knees up to his chest again. Michael tried to ignore the thunder.

He wanted to close his eyes, but before doing so Michael glanced at Ennard who was next to him. Michael slowly leaned against Ennard's feet—Ennard wouldn't have collapsed after all if he leaned back a little, would he? Ennard is an animatronic.

So, Michael closed his eyes after doing so. At least the noises of storm didn't bother him anymore knowing he was with Ennard.

And after a few minutes, Michael accidentally fell asleep.

Michael found himself awakened in the middle of the night with a blanket wrapped around him.