Chapter 4

Third P.O.V.

Dom and Madison pull up to the street race that Han told him about. Madison asked Dom to let her come with him. Dom then catches sight of Letty getting some money from a guy before shaking his hand. Letty walks over to her car as she notices his car.

"Let's race." Madison told Dom with a smirk, who agrees. Letty pulls up to the starting line before Dom joins them.

"You've got some serious balls, man." Letty tells Dom causing Madison to snort.

"I've been told." Dom says with a smile.

"You know, you're lucky I missed my shot." Letty saus.

"I think you hit your mark," Dom told her.

"Really?" Letty asks him causing him to nod. "What is it with you? Do you have a death wish or something?"

"I swear it feels like i'm back in middle school where I see kids flirting." Madison mumbled and Dom laughs at her.

"If that's what it takes," Dom answered her. "I just want to race." 

"You might lose your car." Letty taunts him.

"Let's do it." Dom says with a laugh.

"Your funeral," Letty says with a shrug.

"Ride or die, remember?" Dom asks as he glances at Madison before facing forward.

Letty doesn't say anything as she watches Dom as if she heard the words before.

"Listen up!" A lady says as he walks in between Dom and Letty's cars. "Out here, we're used to getting what we want. This is London, baby. But remember don't bite the bait. Are you ready? Ready?" They both rev their engines. "Steady." She raises her arms. "Go!" Dom takes off in a wheelie before Letty takes the lead. Letty weaves in and out of traffic as Dom tries to get beside her before Dom gets in front of her as they go around a curve.

"Just like old times." Dom says with a smirk as she sees a cop car chasing them. Dom quickly turns around causing the cop to swerve and crash. Dom then drives in reverse beside Letty with a smirk before he quickly turns back around.

"This guy is crazy." Letty says with an excited smile. Dom gets back in front of Letty as they turn another curve. Letty gets back beside Dom as they weave through traffic. Letty uses her NOS causing her to get ahead of Dom before Dom uses his NOS, passing Letty. "You got to be kidding me." Letty shifts causing her to regain the lead before winning the race with Dom being second.

Letty motions for him to follow before she leads them to an abandoned lot near an overpass.

"You're still upshifting early." Dom tells Letty as she gets out of her car.

"I do that so you brake." Letty responds as she leans against her car, motioning for Dom to do the same.

"You want to get out too?" Dom asks Madison.

"No, but if things go wrong then I'll get out." Madison answers before Dom gets out. 

Letty watches how they interact. 

"You lose traction and the back end kicks out." Dom explains to her before a small smile rests on his face. "I used to do the same thing when I started driving."

"I noticed." Letty tells him as Dom walks over to her. "Look, just because you know how I ride, doesn't mean you know me." 

"You know what they say where we met?" Dom asks her with a smile. "Show me how you drive, I'll show you who you are." Dom looks at Letty's car. "V8. You never could resist American muscle, part of the reason we got along so well." Dom looks up at Letty to see a scar through her eyebrow. "Nice scar. You never could keep yourself out of trouble, either."