𝘪. 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮

𝟑𝟎 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝟒𝐱𝟎𝟏

WE'D been rebuilding since the Governor and all the crappy things that took place over a month ago. We helped to make the prison look more like a home. We've planted some crops so we didn't have to go on as many runs, we've got a stronger door out the front, we've built some tents out in the courtyard so the others could eat. Rick was bringing in more people by the day, since people were the best defense against walkers according to Rick.

We had a council now. I was on it along with Glenn, Daryl, Sasha, Hershel, and Carol. We made the rules and decisions in the prison ever since Rick stepped down as leader. We were no longer a Rictatorship. We were an oligarchy.

We also had a cleanup crew. They would take out the walkers by the outer fence since they were just growing larger by the day. That happened to be just one of our problems. The governor was still an issue.

Michonne and I had been on the lookout for him for a while now. We were determined to find him, we needed to because he had to go. I had this gnawing feeling in my gut that he was out there just watching us and I didn't like it.

Other than that, everything was surprisingly going good. Daryl and I were still going strong. He had grown more protective of me ever since I started to go on runs with Michonne. I told him that I could handle myself, which he knew, he was just worried which I understood since I worry about him on runs all of the time.

Michonne and I rode on one horse since we only had well, one horse. We'd made it work though. While we were on this run I found some rings. I had wanted to propose to Daryl for a while now. I know it's probably too early in our relationship or it could be weird that I'm proposing, but I love him and with the way the new world is, I'm scared I'm gonna lose him everyday. Maybe I'm just being a hopeless romantic or something, all I know is that he isn't just some boyfriend to me.

We were finally heading towards the gate and I heard Carl's whistle as we got closer. Rick had pulled in the rope to open the outer gate, letting us in before he closed it as soon as we were inside. Michonne and I got off the horse as Rick and Carl ran over to us.

"We're glad to see you two." Rick said to both of us as his eyes lingered on Michonne. There was definite something going on there, I could just feel it. "Feelings mutual ranger." I told Rick as I fist bumped him. I messed with Carl's hair as he grimaced.

"Somebody hit the jackpot." Michonne told Carl as she pulled out some comic books and handed them to him. "No way. Awesome! Thank you." Carl said in disbelief before he smiled with excitement written all over his face. "I get to read 'em when you're done." Michonne told him before she turned to Rick, handing him a razor.