𝘪𝘪. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘢

𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃

𝟒𝐱𝟎𝟐

Woke up to an empty guard tower. I never liked arguing with Daryl. I never liked when we didn't see eye to eye on things. I get where he's coming from, but I just want him to see where I'm coming from too. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I had hoped that he would though eventually.

The plan today was to be on the look out with Michonne. I loved talking with her and getting to know her better. She's a nice fit into our dysfunctional family.

As I was getting dressed for the day, I looked out to see that it looked foggy outside. That only made the atmosphere more depressing.

I grabbed my daggers and sword per usual and headed down the guard tower steps to see Michonne already up and at 'em. I made sure to hide the rings I had for Daryl and I somewhere hidden before I hurried out of the guard tower.

I ran out in time to hear a snippet of Michonne and Rick's conversation.

"Careful out there." Rick stated, as Michonne was walking with the horse in his direction.

"Always am. Any requests? Books? Comics? Some stale M&Ms?" She asked looking in their direction.

"Another horse would be nice." I joked from behind them as they looked in my direction.

"Very funny." Michonne remarked as Carl snickered and Rick shook his head with a slit smile on his face.

"You're the one that likes the stale M&Ms." Carl smiled looking at Michonne, referring to her question before I interrupted. They had such a good bond with one another. I'm just waiting on her bond with Rick to get better, if you know what I mean.

"Then I'll definitely be looking for some. I'll look for some stuff you like, too." Michonne smiled at Carl then Rick.

"Bye ranger and little child." I shoved Rick in the shoulder before roughing up Carl's hair. Before we were on our way Michonne stopped and pondered before asking Carl a question.

"Why don't you wear your hat anymore?"

"It's not a farming hat. See you soon?"

"Pretty soon."

"Watch Ara for me will ya?" Rick turned around and asked Michonne, like I hadn't been standing right there. Michonne subtly nodded his way as a subtle acknowledgment between the two.

"Earth to ranger! I'm still here!" I exclaimed before we headed out the gate and embarked on our field trip...without the big yellow bus.