Chapter 1

I skated boarded down the road to our house with my sister Max. We were doing one last lap around the block for old times sake. We were leaving tomorrow to move to a small town in Hawkins, Indiana. Max and I weren't necessarily super excited to leave California, but we were willing to go.
I jumped up the curb and back down. We reached our house to see Billy standing out front. We skated passed him and put our boards back in their boxes. Billy looked angrier than usual. I didn't know what was up with him, but I didn't want to piss him off even more, so I just walked inside with Max.
No My step mom was cooking dinner. Dad was sitting at the table.
"Set the table, Y/N." He said in a rough tone.
"Yes sir." I replied as I washed my hands and grabbed 5 plastic forks, 5 plastic plates and 5 plastic knives. I set them on the table and grabbed napkins.
"Okay, table's set. I'm going to go upstairs and clean up." I said. I walked upstairs and looked at the incredibly empty room. It was hard to believe I was leaving it soon. I threw on my clothes for tomorrow because we were leaving at 3am. Hargrove time. so more like 4 or 5am.
I went back downstairs to see dinner ready and on the table. I sat down in my seat next to Billy who, despite wanting to leave, stayed for dinner. Dinner was quiet for the most part. When we finished, Mom through the dishes out and washed the ones she cooked with.
After dinner was completely done, Dad and Billy moved all the table and chairs into the back of the moving van, and mom put the box of kitchen stuff in its box and outside. I went upstairs and tried to sleep on the ground. I only had a blanket and a pillow.
The next morning everyone was somewhat cranky. Especially Billy, but to be fair he was probably hungover. I folded my blanket and grabbed my pillow and put it where I was going to be sitting during the car trip. Billy would be driving his own car and Dad would be driving the moving van, so the ride would be peaceful. It was going to be Mom, Max and me.
We all got in the car without breakfast, but Mom promised we'd stop to get something to eat. Which we did. After 16 hours of driving me and Mom switched, and I let her sleep.

I drove the rest of the way. When we had arrived it was 2pm the next day. We unloaded the basics in to the house. Kitchen utensils, bedroom things, bathroom things etc.
I carried my bedframe up the stairs and to my room. I set it up. It was pretty simple considering it was a twin size metal frame. I grabbed my mattress and put it on and put my sheets on. We decided to unload the heavy things the next day. I took a nap and when I woke up it was dinner time. Mom had made a simple meal, and we ate it pretty quickly. After dinner, I grabbed our skateboards and handed one to Max. We decided to go exploring.
"So, are you excited for school?" I asked her.
"Not really. Are you?" She asked.
"Not at all."
We passed a group of kids riding bikes. They all stared at the two of us. It was about 8 when we got home. Billy had left.
I put my skateboard in its holder that dad had hung up. They brought my desk up too. I decided to go to sleep early.
I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I got up and turned it off, then threw on some clothes. I decided to wear my jeans with a white shirt and a jean jacket and put on my Nike's.
I didn't bother eating breakfast and instead grabbed my backpack and waited for Billy and Max to finish eating. When they did, we got into Billy's car and drove off. We dropped Max off at the middle school then continued on to the high school.
"Okay Y/N. Don't be a dumbass and don't tell anybody we're related. Got it?" he aggressively said. I rolled my eyes and started to get out when he grabbed my wrist. "Got it?" he said, looking intense.
"Sure." I replied.
"Good. I'll go in after you."
I got out and walked in to the school. I walked to the main office thing to ask for my schedule then left. I found my locker and threw my stuff in it. I walked to my first class. Math. I freaking hated math. I walked in and sat towards the back.
A girl sat next to me. "Hi." she started. "I'm Chrissy. Chrissy Cunningham." she smiled. She was beautiful. Her hair was a reddish blonde brown color. She had green eyes, and a sweet smile, I couldn't help but smile back.
"I'm Y/N Hargrove." I said.
"Pleasure to meet you Y/N." She replied. The teacher started class. Thankfully, he didn't bring much attention to me.
After Math I went back to my locker. I saw Billy walking to his locker as well. He stared at me, as if to say, "I swear to God if you say anything to me I will kill you when we get home." So I didn't. I grabbed my Spanish book and started walking.
I passed a group of teenagers. Probably seniors. I made eye contact with one of them. He had brown eyes, and brown hair. He was honestly pretty hot. Would I ever tell him that? No. No I would not. I continued walking to class.