Chapter 2

My morning started off normal. I grabbed a pop tart and walked to school again. When I got there, I walked to my locker and grabbed my stuff before Chrissy could jumpscare me. Plus I hadn't slept all that well that night, so human interaction didn't seem desirable.

Everything went the same as yesterday for the most part. I still sat with Chrissy and her friends. One of the guys at the table - I had learned they were a DnD club called Hellfire - stood up and yelled at one of the guys nearby.
"Who's that?" I asked Chrissy. She looked at where I was looking.
"That's Eddie Munson. He's kind of weird." she said. "Not like, freakish or anything, just odd. You know?"
"Yeah..." I replied. Eddie was weird. I liked weird. Though he did give drug dealer vibes.
When I turned my head, I saw Billy getting in Steve's face. I stared until something whacked him. I didn't know what it was but it whacked him hard. Steve started laughing in his face.
Whatever hit Billy was wet. He immediately walked to the bathroom. I giggled.
"Y/N, you have blood coming out of your nose.." Chrissy said.
      I wiped my nose and looked at the blood. Shit. It wasn't just pure luck that something had whacked Billy. It was me. I did it.
      I stood up and walked towards the bathrooms, walking passed Steve.
      "Hey Y/N-" he started. I blew him off. My walk turned into a run as I headed for the bathroom. I could feel eyes watching me as I did so.
      I entered the girls bathroom. The blood had partially stained the rim of my nose. I wiped it clean and stared at myself. What was wrong with me? Why was I such a freak?
      My thoughts were interrupted as another girl walked into the bathroom. I walked right out and saw Billy standing outside the door.
      "What the hell was that Y/N? I know it was you. God you're such a freak." He said. I stared at him in silence, wishing I could really control myself.
      "I'm sorry.." I said. He looked angry.
       "Whatever. Just don't do it again." He said, walking away. I sighed. I turned around to see Steve walking towards me.
      "Hey.. are you okay?" He said as he got close to me. I nodded. "Good.. so I'll see you tonight? Do you need me to pick you up?"
"I'm good. But I will definitely be there." I said. I didn't want to risk my father seeing him again.
"Alright." He smiled. "I'll see you later then." He turned around and walked away.
The bell rang shortly after. I walked to my locker, then to my next class. Chrissy tried to ask me what was wrong, but I just shot her question down and changed the subject.
After school I decided to walk home yet again. It was easier than dealing with Billy.
Once I arrived home, I ran upstairs. It was 3:00. The party started at 8. I did my homework for 3 hours, then got ready.
I didn't style my hair much, I just made sure it looked nice. I did my makeup quickly then put on the dress and white heels. I had some angel wings from when I went as an angel in 1980. They weren't in the prettiest of condition, but I put them on anyways. It was simple yet cute.
By the time I was done it was 7:30. I snuck through my window and walked to Tina's house. It was chilly, and I was regretting not bringing a jacket. Once I reached her house, it was already busy.
I walked inside and gawked at the amount of teenagers there were. One of the older guys walked up to me. He handed me a drink, and smiled.
"You're Y/N right? I've heard a lot about you." He said.
"Yeah. Y/N Hargrove." I smiled back. I took a sip of the drink he had given me and he walked away. Suddenly, Steve was right next to me.
"Hey! You made it." He said smiling.
"Yeah." I replied.
"One second," he said. "Hey Nance!" He said, calling his girlfriend over. She walked towards us. "Nancy, this is Y/N. Y/N, Nancy." He introduced us to each other.
"Hi Nancy, it's nice to meet you." I said.
"Nice to meet you too." She said with a smile. She and Steve went off on their own for a bit and I walked outside. It was crowded and hot in there. The cool air immediately helped me.
After half an hour I decided to go back in. Steve was dancing and I couldn't see Nancy. He saw me and made a motion to come over with him.
I walked towards him and he grabbed my arm. "Dance with me." He said. I laughed at him.
"I don't dance." I replied.
"Everyone dances, Hargrove. Come on."
I chuckled. "Not everyone." He made a pouting face but let me go.
I laughed as I walked towards the kitchen. I grabbed a shot and downed it. Thats when the guy from earlier walked towards me.
"Here, try this." He said, handing me a drink. I took a sip of it. It tasted off.
"What's in it?" I asked.
"You know, the usual. Just a cocktail thing I cooked up." He replied.
I didn't want to seem rude, so I finished the drink then threw the cup out.
I walked back to the living room area where I sat down. My head started to get dizzy, and I could barely see. The lights turned brighter and the music was so loud it hurt my ears. I felt someone lift me, though I couldn't tell who it was. My body felt limp. I felt unconscious, though I knew I wasn't.
I was placed on a bed. Even though I could barely see, I attempted to fight. I didn't know what was happening, but I was scared. I tried to scream. I kicked my legs as hard as I could, but didnt feel any impact. I continued to try to scream. I could hear my quiet squeaks get louder, but I also felt my body give out.
It took a while for the effects to wear off. When they did, I was alone. No one was around. The door was locked though. I stood up. My head was pounding in pain. I unlocked the door and walked out. The party was still going strong.
     I saw Steve in the corner. He looked sad. As if something bad had happened. I walked down the stairs and sat next to him.
     "You're awake. Are you okay?" He said, looking at me worriedly. "You should know not to take drinks from anybody at a party." He said.
     "I'm okay.. sorry." I replied. "But are you okay? You look.. sad."
      "It's nothing. Nance and I just had a big argument and it sounds like she broke up with me."
      "I'm sorry." I replied. I gave him a hug. I could feel his body soften slightly and wrap his arms around me.
     "I'm just glad you're okay. We should get you home." He said, smiling. He walked me out the door and sat me down in the passenger seat of his car.
Steve got in the car and started to drive me back to my house. I stared at him as he drove without saying a word.
"Are you okay..?" I asked him. He didn't look at me.
"I'm fine." He replied.
"Wait, can you stop at the general store? Please? I just need to grab something quickly." I said.
"Sure." He replied. "Do you want me to go in with you?"
"No thanks, I got it." I said.
Steve stopped and I walked in. I bought a few snacks and some other things. I walked back to his car and got in. "Thanks." I replied. I knew I wouldn't have much of a chance to eat this late. I didn't want to wake anyone up.
"Of course." He replied. He finished driving to my house.
"Thanks.." I said. He looked at me. He seemed sad. Probably because his girlfriend had just broken up with him. The sadness in his eyes made me not want to leave.
"Anytime." He replied. I watched his face. "Goodnight, Y/N."
I leaned over and hugged him. "Goodnight Harrington." I replied, kissing his cheek and getting out.
I climbed back through the window and I noticed he hadn't left yet. He seemed to be in shock. I took my heel's off and put them in my closet, along with my dress. I put on pajamas then went to the bathroom to wash up.
I quietly knocked on Max's door, and was met with a quiet come in. I walked in her room and sat on her bed. She was picking through candy.
"Do you want something?" She said, pointing at all her candy. "Here, take a Snickers." She said. Handing me a piece.
I ate the candy. "Thanks Max" I said.
"So who was that?" She asked me. I giggled.
"Steve Harrington. He gave me a ride home from the party." I replied with a smile.
     "Isn't he that one hot guy?" She asked. I laughed quietly.
      "Yes, he is that one hot guy. I should go to sleep. So should you. I'll see you in the morning Max. Goodnight."
      "Night Y/N."
      I went back to my room and fell asleep.