The first floor

(A/N- I hope you guys enjoy this story, and also just a little note to let you know that this is a "short story" so the chapters won't be very long, but there will be many of them)

There were plenty of perks of living on the 35th floor of a New York High Rise, but the most amazing of all was the view. It was unlike any other, and at 3am, it was something else. The moon was always kissing the hudson bay, leaving the city in a glowing light that wasn't caused by the signs or cars, or lights from buildings. He would sit by his window, all alone, as he had always been, and watch it, with a cup of coffee and he would just watch. Then it would be 3am, and he would have to make his way to work for 3:45. It was hard to wake up so early, or so late, depending on who you are, but besides the blaring alarm clock never letting Harry sleep in an extra minute, the moon was what really made him wake up. He loved the beauty of it, the calmness, the serenity, before he had to go to the hospital and deal with trauma and blood and just the complete opposite.

The walk from his apartment door to the elevator was noticeably colder than usual, as summer was ending, and fall was to begin. He loved his commute to work, nobody was riding the subway, no one was in the apartment except for the man at the front desk, Joe. He especially loved the elevator ride, it was empty, quiet and because he was so near the top of the apartment it took a good minute to get the the bottom. The elevator  played his favourite song "Pour some sugar on me" by Def Leppard (as per request by him), and it was always set to the perfect temperature (also requested by him).

He set foot in the elevator, all going well, he tapped his foot along to the beat of the song, as the elevator went down, floor by floor. 34, 33, 32, 31, 30....

"I'm hot, sticky sweet, from my head to my feet yeah"

Then it stopped, on the 29th floor. Harry thought nothing of it, sometimes the elevator stops on random floors and no one comes on, but this time someone did.

"Hi" she said, "good morning"

Harry stared at her, almost mad at the fact that she was also awake at 3 am. This was his time, his elevator.

"Oh, um, good morning?" he said.

"What are you doing up so early?" she asked, she seemed perky.

Usually when people get on elevators together, they don't talk, especially when they are strangers. Harry thought.

"I have to go to work" he said starkly.

"Yeah, me too, It sucks, I just got this new job and this is the shift they gave me, I'm so tired" she rolled her eyes as she yawned.

Harry stared at her, annoyed with the fact that they might become "Elevator Buddies" She was pretty. Not beautiful, but not too plain either. She had blue eyes, and brown hair. She looked to be about Harry's age.

"Maybe you should take the stairs, it helps to wake you up" Harry smirked, hoping to get rid of her.

They reached the bottom floor, just as the song started up again.

"Oh, I'm Tay by the way" she said, reaching out her hand to shake his.

"Harry"

-

Hey! If you like it comment!! and Vote!!!!!!!!!