𝟤. 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

Yoongi made it into his brother's room quite easily, as the guards positioned outside weren't there. They must've gone with Agust to the grave, to give him extra protection.

Yoongi immediately began, rummaging through his brother's reading nook, lifting over the pillows and blankets on the bed, opening books stacked nearby and even checking for loose flooring.

He was running short on time and running out of places to look. That was when he spotted the globe sitting beside his brother's bed.

Yoongi remembered his brother saying he had no plans to travel. He had even declined their father's offer to go overseas with him. Yoongi made his way over to it, which was when he heard something.

A loud creak. A loose floorboard underneath the table that the globe was on.

Without hesitation, Yoongi moved the globe and table out of the way, opening the floor floorboard and finding a bottle inside. Yoongi felt his hands begin to shake and tears sting his eyes as he read the label.

It read Aconitum coreanum, but it was better known as Korean monkshood, a poisonous plant. To get just a small jar of this would cost a fortune.

Yoongi didn't want to believe it, but the proof was right here. Agust killed their parents. He must've slipped the poison into their parents' food the night before they died.

"I had a feeling you'd come looking for something in here."

Yoongi stood up and faced his brother, who was standing at the door.

Agust let out a small sigh, "I knew I should've disposed of the bottle."

"You killed them..." Yoongi spluttered. "You killed our parents."

"Honestly, I'm not that ashamed of myself," Agust admitted with a shrug. "They always preferred you over me. Did you know they were going to make you King before me?"

Yoongi froze. He hadn't known.

"Well, it just so happens I overheard that conversation," Agust seethed. "Said that I wasn't ready. That I was unworthy. You, however, were more than ready. What did you have that I didn't?"

Yoongi didn't say anything.

He needed to get away.

Away from his brother.

Away from the palace.

He needed to get away right now.

Without a second thought, Yoongi pulled out a gun he'd brought with him and shot the chandelier above the two. It started falling down towards Agust, making the prince jump out of the way.

Yoongi then ran. He had no idea where he was running to, but his legs seemed to have an idea. He jumped over a small balcony and landed in the courtyard just as he heard his brother yell something at the top of his voice.

"I don't care if he's even missing a limp! Bring me my brother!"

Yoongi's legs worked faster, especially as he saw the castle walls up ahead. He stopped as he reached them, hesitating. How was he going to get over them?

Noticing a golden dragon statue nearby the wall, Yoongi came up with a plan. It was entirely on luck, but he didn't have a choice anymore. The men after him were hot on his tail.

Yoongi climbed up the dragon, standing on its head and jumped. His hands grabbed onto the edge of the roof, where he pulled himself up and ran over the roof of the wall. He rolled down as he reached the other side, knowing he'll get off the roof quicker. 

Yoongi finally made it over, rolling over and landing on the ground. He lost his balance at the last second, causing him to fall backwards and onto the gravel floor.