𝟣𝟥. 𝐹𝒾𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓅𝒾𝑒𝓈

Weeks went by, yet Nari's love for Yoongi stayed strong.

Her hope for him was just as strong too.

Nari would try to avoid the King as much as she could. Turning the other way in hallways, faking illnesses, escaping to rooms Agust didn't go in much, such as the library and the gardens, etc.

But there were moments when Nari had no choice but to stand face-to-face with the disgusting man who called himself King.

Nari was banned from certain places too, including the stables, where the horses and many weapons were kept. Nari didn't really plan on going there anyway, trusting Yoongi would listen to her.

He listened to her all the time when they first met, so what would make him ignore her this time?

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Nari sat on her large bed, reading one of the few books she'd taken from the library, promising she'd return them once she'd finished reading them.

The remaining books sat in a pile next to her on the bed. Nari was still not used to how large her bedroom and room were. Her bedroom alone was almost the same size as the upstairs at her home back in the village.

Thinking about her home made her feel the pang of homesickness again.

She hoped her father and her brother were doing well, as was Yoongi...

"I wish to see my fiancé," the voice of Agust came from outside the door, making Nari quickly grab her books and hide them under her bed.

However, she stopped with confusion as she heard another voice speak.

"Lady Nari has forbidden anyone from entering her chambers, for she fears her illness will spread to anyone who enters."

The voice sounded like a young adult, male.

Was it one of the guards positioned outside her chambers?

But she never told her guards that she was ill... because she wasn't.

"And what illness does she suddenly have?" Agust's voice came, sounding slightly annoyed he couldn't enter. "A sudden fever? I told her not to go out in the garden so late at night."

"She has a sickness bug," a second voice said. Also young male. "A maid is in there with her, helping her clean up where she's been sick. That is the only person Lady Nari will allow into her chambers until the moon is full."

"That's not for another two nights!" Agust snapped. "I am the King! I will enter as I please."

"And Nari will be Queen by the end of this month, correct?" the first guard said. Nari found that bold, but she was also horrified. She finally knew when the marriage was, and it was sooner than she'd hoped. "Forgive me, my King, but Nari is allowed to give orders that even you are prohibited from disobeying."

Agust seemed to give up, leaving with a small huff and loud steps. Nari could almost compare him to a spoilt child.

Nari then remembered the guards outside her room.

"Thank you," she called to them. "Would you please step inside so I may know who my helpers are?"

A moment went past before the door opened from both sides. Two guards entered, wearing the same blue and grey uniform. One had light brown hair and a small beard. The other had black hair and a clean face.

"I can't thank you enough," Nari said again.

"Well, we promised Yoongi we'd keep an eye on you," the guard with black hair smiled.

Nari's eyes widened with a smile. "You're the-"

The guard with the beard quickly held his finger to his mouth, making Nari quickly close her mouth. She nodded, realising how silly that was to almost blurt out such a secret. If anyone else had heard that, they'd all be dead by the following night.

The guard with the black hair then handed over something wrapped up.

"From Yoongi, who wants to tell you he has a plan to get you out," the guard whispered. "It'll begin within the week."

Nari smiled at the wrapped up gift before bowing respectively towards the two guards. "Thank you."

The guards bowed back and began to leave the room.

"Wait," Nari said, making the two guards stop and turn to face her.

"May I ask your names?" Nari asked. "So I know to count on you if I ever need you again."

"I'm Taehyung, and this is Namjoon," the soldier with light brown hair introduced them both.

"Pleasure to meet you both," Nari smiled.

"Pleasure to meet you as well, Nari," Namjoon smiled too. "Yoongi talked a lot about you over the last three years. It's good to finally see you in person."

After Taehyung and Namjoon had shut the door to Nari's room, the young woman sat on her bed and carefully unwrapped the paper that was covering the gift.

It was a necklace. Long brown beads and small round ones covered all of the thread and two hooks rested on the ends. In the very middle of the necklace was a flat pebble.

Nari smiled as she remembered where she'd seen this necklace before. Yoongi had been wearing it on the day they reunited.

And she smiled even more as she realised what the pebble was about.

Looks like he took his skimming stones skill with him on his journeys.