𝟫. 𝐵𝑜𝓉𝒽 𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓈

"How long has it been?" King Agust asked, looking over at the guard standing beside him and his throne.

"Three years, my king," the guard answered.

"So you're telling me... it's been three years, and now you finally tell me that you didn't kill my brother that night I ordered you to?" Agust said, facing the man standing in front of him.

This man had been among the three men that Agust had sent chasing after Yoongi when he'd discovered what Agust had done. The man was trembling, beginning to wonder why he was even admitting this to Agust.

"We were going to, b-but someone attacked us," the man tried to say, but his mouth was wobbling so much.

"Did you see who?" Agust asked, growing irritated that his brother had evaded him for this long and he'd never known. "The attacker. Did you see who it was?"

The man shook his head, "J-Just..."

"Just what?" Agust demanded. "Spit it out, you stupid man!"

"Their hair was in a ponytail," the man replied.

"That doesn't help us at all!" Agust sighed, standing up from his throne and walking down towards the man, never taking his eyes off him. "Do you know how many people today have their hair in ponytails? Myself included."

The man didn't dare look at the King, too scared.

Agust hummed under his breath, his tongue running across his teeth before looking back down at the man.

"Well, you're no use to me then," Agust replied, reaching for his sword that was tied around his waist.

"Wait! No, please!" the man pleaded, eyes wide with terror. "Give me another chance! Please! I have a sister!"

Agust didn't listen as the man continued to plead. With one swing, the man was silenced... and his head dropped onto the floor.

Agust tossed the sword to the side carelessly, the blade now stained with the man's blood. Two maids walked over, one picking up the sword while the other quickly began wiping and cleaning the blood away.

"Toss his body into the rose bushes," August said to the guard. "The ones that were planted for my brother. And let this sister of his know he was killed in battle overseas."

The guard didn't say anything, walking over and carrying the decapitated body away. Another guard arrived moments later, picking up the head and walking away, following the first guard. One of the maids that had been cleaning the king's sword moved over to the blood that stained the ground and began to wash it away.

"Double the guards in nearby towns and villages!" Agust ordered angrily. "My brother wouldn't dare leave the kingdom. If he's not found by the end of the week, double guards all over the kingdom until he is found!"

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

"I thought you said it was too dangerous for me to know what you were doing," Nari hesitated as they began to reach the edge of The Prodraican Empire, not far from the mountains nearby.

"I may or may not have changed my mind," Yoongi admitted with a shrug. "Look, I know you can keep secrets, which is why after today, everything you learn here, you need to keep secret. Understand?"

"Sir, yes, sir," Nari hummed. "Or should I say Prince, yes, prince?"

The pair entered an area hidden within the mountains, which Nari was very impressed by.

Two men were inside, who turned to face the pair as they entered. Nari's eyes widened as she recognised one of the two men.

"Hoseok!" Nari gasped, hugging her brother before breaking away and quickly scanning over her brother. "What are you doing here?"

"I left to go find Yoongi," Hoseok explained. "I knew how upset you were, so I decided to find him and bring him back. Instead, he offered I help him. I knew I couldn't refuse."

Nari couldn't help but giggle as she hugged her brother again.

"I missed you, big bro," Nari let out.

"I missed you too, little sis," Hoseok replied with a smile.

Nari turned to see the other man, which she also recognised. He was the fisherman who had hit her in the nose.

"You...!" Nari gasped before facing Yoongi. "Did he start fighting with that other one so you'd follow me?"

"Yeah, Jin and Jungkook never miss out in something exciting," Yoongi nodded, arms crossed. "Where's Jungkook, by the way?"

"Got a message from the others," the fisherman, Jin, answered. "He'll be back in a bit."

Yoongi nodded, watching Nari as she walked throughout the hideout, taking everything in.

"So this is everything you've been up to the last three years?" Nari asked.

"The first year was just me finding people I could trust, outside of here," Yoongi explained. "Every person you see here wants my brother gone. I also have Princess Lauren of The Sisian Kingdom on our side, who revealed to me that she's due to be married to Agust by the end of the year."

Nari remembered the conversation from all those years ago. Nari felt sympathy for Princess Lauren, knowing she most likely loved another man and would rather die than marry King Agust. But unless something was done, there was nothing she could do.

"But... that means you plan to..." Nari realised.

"I promised her," Yoongi nodded, knowing what Nari was thinking. "And I don't want Agust spending another year turning my kingdom into some kind of prison."

Nari nodded, understanding.

Just then, a man ran into the room, leaning against a table nearby while he tried to catch his breath. Nari recognised him as the second member of the fight on that eventful day. This was most likely Jungkook.

"Yoongi, I have no idea how, but your brother knows you're alive," Jungkook explained. "Our spies from inside the Palace say the men sent after you that night just confessed to their mistake."

"Unlikely chance they're alive right now," Jin commented.

"On that note, I had a feeling my brother would find out eventually," Yoongi pointed out. "They never returned with my body that day, so Agust may have always had his suspicions that I was still out there."

Yoongi made sure that Nari got home safely that evening, wearing his satgat again to hide his face.

"Nari, for a while, our interactions will become less and less," Yoongi explained. "Possibly almost nothing, but I will be back before you know it."

"I waited three years for you," Nari smiled. "I'm sure I can wait again."

Yoongi smiled, "What did I ever do to deserve you?"

Nari smiled too, kissing Yoongi before entering her house. The smile stayed on her face, even as she began to make tea for her and her father.

The smile on Yoongi's face never left either, as he made his way back to his team.