Part 2

Author's note: I want to thank you all for the support you have shown and continue to show me in everything that i write. This is something I do out of fun, and there is no better feeling than to see how my passion is appreciated by you all.

So if you're reading this and nobody told you this today, i love you❤️!

"There was something different about her," Serkan pointed out as he repeatedly punched the boxing bag that his friend, Engin was holding for him.

"Do you say that for every chick that gets into your pants?" Engin joked, huffing a laugh as Serkan removed his boxing gloves, throwing them to the floor.

"I'm being serious," Serkan replied, taking his hydro flask to drink some water.

"Did you run a background check on her?"

"Twice. Her story checks out." Serkan answered as he headed towards the locker room to change his clothes.

He had spent most of the flight back to Istanbul gathering information on the woman he spent his night with. Her name was Eda Yildiz, she was an orphan and she worked at Art Life, which was a famous architectural company.

As soon as he had landed in Istanbul, he opened his work computer to run a facial recognition algorithm so he could know about her whereabouts, which much to his pleasure, showed that she had come back to Istanbul too.

He had to be at the firm in an hour, so he took a quick shower, and wore his work suit. Everybody at his firm was on the edge after the assassination of the mayor of Madrid and the sabotage of the shipment he was supposed to send to Istanbul, and they were sure that this was a work of their rivals, a firm named "Stardust".

The rivalry between "Stardust" and "The Devil's den" was something that had been going on long before Serkan was born but no one was exactly sure as to why. Every lead they had had related to the investigation on "Stardust" had turned into a dead end.

Whoever they were, they were unquestionably good at their work.

"Right on time!" Selin, his colleague called from behind him as he made his way past the security system which had been upgraded a couple of days ago.

"Who is my new target?" Serkan asked as he approached his friend, Engin, that gave him the dossier on the intel he had gathered.

"Yasin Kaya, is a drug lord also known by Interpol as "The count." Engin explained, as he typed a few keys on the keyboard to open the intel he had gathered on the screen, "he is to be crossing the Bulgarian border today, at 12 pm. Interpol is going to transfer him to a high-security prison and that's our only shot at killing him."

"Tamam," Serkan nodded, holding the dossier, "I can do it alone."

"Are you sure you don't want me to tag along?" Selin offered but he declined, turning her back on her without a single word.

Serkan was a serious man when it came to his work, and he was one of the best-skilled field operatives of "The Devil's den". There was no target he was tasked with assassinating that had made it out alive, and that made his track record amazing.

He started gearing up, taking the essential stuff he needed to execute his mission, and headed towards the Bulgarian border. He set a couple of bo by traps on the ground, and a signal so that he could hear it when they would be approaching closer to the border.

Taking has a bazooka, he took his place and waited for about half an hour, until the alarm ringed, which meant that the car was approaching. He took his binoculars, and saw through them the moment the booby traps burst the tires of the car, making it lose control.