Chapter 9

The mere sight of a vampire made her sick. But somehow seeing Elijah made her feel less nauseous and easily persuaded. He reminded her of home in a way.

With the promise of the death of their enemy, how could she turn it down. They had tried on many occasions, their group of 10 had turned to 7 after their one shot at killing the leader.

As Elijah left, Jenna snapped her head to the side "what the hell was that?" She spat

"I'm really sorry" James crept around her.

"Ugh, it's just... No never mind it's alright, we're getting things done around here" she swallowed "soon enough we can get a proper home with a gate and everything"

The seven of them had always stood together, through thick and thin. In their group, there was no leadership, they settled arguments on votes. But they always followed the instructions of Jenna, she was a bit more superior. Kind of like an alpha. But they was behind her, nobody knew about her wolf form and she never let it get the best of her.

"By the way" she heard a voice call from behind her as she left the cabin and was walking into her separate one, 2 minutes away from there. "Training starts tomorrow"

Jenna sighed in annoyance and turned around "did you wait all this time for me to come out Elijah" she used her old tone of voice, the playful one.

"No, just forgot to tell you when we're training, I expect you to tell the others" he explained himself

"Oh and I was thinking you enjoyed my company" she faked being sad and earned a small chuckle of Elijah "you've wounded me"

"You know I actually worried about you when you disappeared" Elijah informed her

"A vampire with feelings? Never heard of one of those" she made to walk away but Elijah grabbed her wrist. She tried to struggle free, she knew she was strong but he was obviously stronger.

"What changed your mind?" He whispered to her "a few months ago you were completely fine with vampirism and we were actually friends"

"It doesn't matter what changed my mind" she spat, her arm relaxing as she realised that she wouldn't overpower him. "You vampires, so impulsive"

"Was it your mother?" He asked "that changed your mind, when she died" it was a touchy subject

"Don't you dare speak of my mother, you don't deserve it, none of you deserve it" she ripped her hand out from his. She was strong, it confused Elijah as a normal hunter wouldn't be able to overpower a vampire.

Jenna glared at him before walking away. Infuriated, how dare he speak of her mom and how dare he try to place the blame on her. This was Jenna's choice and she knew vampires were awful vermin.

Jenna reached the safety of her own cabin. She had bargained for it as she was the only girl and the boys could share the other two. Plus she was strong and she could take care of herself.

She sat down and closed her eyes. She couldn't help but remember.

Jenna had just activated the curse. The vampire had died and she was too deep into the woods to turn back. She was confused and cold but most of all she was frightened. Darkness swallowed the sky and the stars dimmed out.

Head north, keep walking until she reaches a nice enough town. Kill all the vampires on her way. That was her rule. Her moonlight ring burned on her finger and she had a sudden urge to just rip it off. But she knew the consequences of it and really didn't want to suffer them.

Jenna heard rustling behind her. Her head snapped back to see nothing but moving bushes. Wind. She sighed in relief. Well, until she heard small chuckles. And then she ran.

Dodging trees sounded easier than it was. Her mixed emotions didn't help. She clipped some trees on the way past and she ran until she couldn't run anymore.

Her back hit the tree and she slid down to the ground. Tears streamed down her face.

"Hey Gus! You're right, she is a newbie" a man called, stopping Jenna's heart dead in its tracks.

"Hm, where is she?" Another man called back

"Here" he stood next to Jenna, pointing her location out to the man that goes by the name of Gus.

"Hey there" he knelt down. His aura calming her every nerve in some way she had never felt before. "I'm Gus and I can help you" he held his hand out to her, to help her up. And surprisingly she took it.

Jenna stood up, her clothes itching her and making her uncomfortable. So she decided to change.

Her garments fell to the floor with a zip or a button, leaving her stood half naked in front of a mirror. Her eyes diverted to something she always glared at.

Jenna's body turned to the side, showing a long, ugly scar that travelled from the back of her shoulder to the bottom of the back. It was a diagonal line and it covered her back.

"So, what made you trigger the curse?" Gus said seductively over a candle light dinner.

She had only been in their group for over a week and he had managed to weasel his way into her thoughts and when he asked her for dinner, she couldn't say no.

"It's a long story, a vampire hit home, badly, so I left and vowed to take revenge" she sipped a glass of wine

"Vague much" he laughed to himself "how did he hit home?"

Jenna hesitated for a moment, she hadn't spoken about it to anyone before. "A vampire killed my mom" she muttered

He didn't flinch, he didn't even seem phased about what they did "that's what vampires do" he shrugged. No apology, nothing. His eyes glazed over, something weird and sinister overtook them before he returned to normal conversation.

"Thank you for tonight, but I'm tired and I really need to go" she excused herself.

"I'll walk you home" he smiled, a smile that made her weak. He was a gorgeous man.

"Thank you" she smiled, pleased with herself.

They walked in silence for a moment until they both reached her apartment. Which was only a small walk away.

Instead of saying goodbye. He reached down and just kissed her. Jenna's eyes opened in shock before relaxing back into her previous position as she kissed back.

Jenna came back to reality with a thud. She threw herself on her bed with her face buried into the pillow. She didn't know how much one person could influence and effect someone else's life.