Chapter 23

"What the hell are you doing here? Haven't you done enough" Jenna stepped forward "I'm dead aren't I?"

"Yes, but not the type of dead that I expected" Klaus said furiously, so much so that his voice cracked.

Elijah stepped forward and put a protective hand in front of Jenna. "Jenna, go" he demanded

"By all means Jenna, stay" Klaus smiled sinisterly "I'd like to see how this pans out"

"Jenna, please leave" Elijah repeated only this time with urgency.

"Elijah no..." She went to argue her case when Elijah turned around and kissed her passionately on the lips. She wanted to hold on but he pulled away strongly.

"You're not safe here, go, run; I'll find you" he whispered. Jenna looked up into his eyes, they were worried, she knew he was sincere in this.

She pressed her lips together in a concerned look and nodded her head. She wanted to argue, she wanted to state her case that she was a hybrid now, that she equalled the power of Elijah and if they worked together they would surely beat him.

But Elijah didn't want to beat him, only stop him. After all he was Elijah's brother. And Jenna was still dazed after the kiss they shared. She couldn't argue and if she did, Elijah would just put her down and in the end, she would either leave, or die. They were the only options when it came to Niklaus.

Jenna slipped something out of her pocket and placed it into Elijah's inside pocket. He wondered what it was, something she had stolen from the Salvatore house. Jenna knew that Elijah would know when it is time for him to. That is, if she was correct in guessing.

"Very noble of you" Klaus observed as Jenna disappeared.

"This is family business" Elijah stepped forward confidently

"And after all this, I thought she was your family Elijah, I mean always and forever is no match for true love, or a fling; I'm not sure what you two are yet" Klaus walked closer

"She is family; but this is the business that involves those that want to end my happiness over petty jealousy" Elijah spoke freely now of his problem he has with his brother

"For how long though?" Klaus asked "well; isn't it obvious that she still has the hunter gene flowing in her veins, it's only a matter of time until she turns on who she loves most, you, herself"

"She's strong, she will fight it" Elijah denied even the smallest thought of Jenna turning on herself.

"Are you sure?" Klaus raised his eyebrows "she will experience a bit of a faint nuzzling feeling at the back of her head, she'd brush it off as if it was a side effect of being a hybrid" he stepped closer

"Then, she would begin to have mood swings, lash out at the people she loves most, she won't be able to help herself" he stepped closer

"Then she would turn all of that anger, all of that hatred she had felt towards anyone in her life, she'd turn it on herself to the extent that even looking at her reflection in the mirror would enrage her" he stepped closer

"Then through her entire life, she would life picking herself apart, killing herself; do you want that for her Elijah? Why not just out her out of her misery"

"Her hunter side helps her with control over her hunger" Elijah argued "she would never become what you have just stated, I know her"

"Your loss then, brother, if you ignore all the warning signs, she'll kill herself very soon"

And at that point; with all of Elijah's anger building up and burning inside of him like a bonfire. It finally clicked. The dagger in his pocket, it wasn't any dagger, the Salvatore's had somehow obtained a weapon that could put Klaus down like Klaus put Elijah down.

As soon as Elijah was in spitting distance to his brother. With some mental encouragement from himself, he whipped out the dagger and stabbed it into Klaus' chest.

Klaus was distraught. In those few seconds, he really couldn't believe that he was on the receiving end of the dagger now. His eyes widened as his skin turned purple. His grip on Elijah loosened and finally, he fell to the floor.

-

"You're back?" Damon asked confused "why?"

"Klaus came for me, Elijah is dealing with it, I just need somewhere to go for now; until Elijah comes back" her arms wrapped around herself for comfort as she explained everything to the vampire she had only just met.

"Hm" Damon thought "how's your hunger?"

"Absolutely fine, I'm in complete control of it, I was a hunter in my previous life; so it helps me" she tried to elaborate but she didn't want to talk about her past life.

Damon stepped to the side to allow her in. Jenna jumped straight inside and to the centre of the house where she felt was safest. There stood Elena, Stefan and Bonnie, who just stared.

"Do you have a bathroom?" She asked shyly

"Sure, up there" Damon pointed up the stairs and Jenna followed the direction.

She didn't need to go, all she needed was somewhere she could breathe and calm her nerves without questions or anyone staring at her.

She immediately turned to the tap underneath the mirror to wash her hands with cold water. It had to be cold. Her veins were firing up and she felt as if she was on fire.

As her hands hit the water, she felt something in the back of her head. One hand raised to check if anything was there. Nothing. The feeling didn't hurt, but it was there, it was annoying her.

Jenna looked up into the mirror to see her face in full supernatural view. Her eyes had dilated, her veins had highlighted and her fangs had extended.

But the feeling only grew.