Chapter 16

Mikael was almost surprised at how quickly the girl pounced. Though she was only weak compared to him so he swatted her away, like a fly.

Elijah heard her this against a tree and then to the ground. He immediately sped to her side to check if she was okay.

"I'm fine" she growled, wiping the blood from her mouth. He swore he saw Jenna's eyes turn Amber for a millisecond, but he brushed it off. She grabbed Elijah's hand and pulled herself up. "You shouldn't have done that" she looked at Mikael.

"Well I did" Mikael's eyes crinkled into a smile, he outstretched his arms as to tell her that he was ready for more.

Jenna looked up at Elijah and then to her group. She nodded to give them a go ahead. But she was the one that went first.

A blow to the face was the first injury Mikael took. He almost felt that claws scratched his face before they healed.

8 against 1, the odds were in their favour but Mikael had grown stronger over the past years. He reached over and snapped someone's neck. Luckily not Jenna's, but it hurt her.

"No" she screamed out letting Go of her grip to Mikael and dropping next to him "Caleb" she sobbed "he'll pay" she reassured the dead body

Whilst she was speaking, Elijah and the group could barely hold their own. Jenna finally realised it and she made the choice for the safety of her group "Toby, get everyone out of here" she yelled

"What?" Toby replied, he had a scratch on his left cheek and looked as if he was struggling

"Get James and get everyone else and go, I'll stay and hold up our bargain" Jenna explained to him as Mikael got hold of Elijah

"No we're not leaving you" he shouted as another one of their group flew across the forest, dead.

Jenna nodded to Toby who looked almost defeated. Toby then nodded back and nudged his group before running off into the distance.

Jenna pushed herself up as she saw Mikael snap Elijah's neck and somehow, Niklaus had been defeated too. They lay temporarily dead over the damp, leafy floor.

Mikael began chuckling "you should really see the look on your face" he stepped over Elijah's body. "The look of horror it's just so.... Satisfying"

Jenna raised her eyebrows. Her heartbeat fastened as she believed it would burst through her chest. She had never felt such fear yet such thrill before. The only reason she believed to gain the upper hand would be to use something she had never wanted to use after she killed her first vampire. Her teeth.

"You shouldn't be so rude to me" Jenna stepped closer as Mikael stopped.

"And whys that?" His chin raised to look superior

"I bite" she said seriously as her eyes turned Amber and she was able to harness the benefit of her moonlight ring to change at will.

Mikael's eyes widened in shock as Jenna latched on to him and bit him. "Wolf venom" he snapped his head to look at her blood covered mouth, which made her feel nauseous "you're a wolf"

"Well done" she smiled as she pushed Mikael back. He stumbled and struggled to keep his balance, the venom coarser through is veins and made him fuzzy.

Eventually; his back hit against a tree, his thoughts all merged into one and couldn't see properly.

Jenna took advantage of this and grabbed the stake from her inner pocket and plunged it into his heart. The last words she heard him say we're just mumbles and screams of pain.

She relaxed. Her eyes closed and she slid down to the floor by Elijah. She took his dead, cold hand and intertwined his fingers with hers.

-

Elijah woke up with a start. He took his first breath and trembled with the cold air.

"Elijah calm down" Jenna placed both hands on his shoulders "Elijah its me you're okay"

He looked around the forest, at the bodies and then back to Jenna. "Mikael?" He managed to squeeze out

"He's dead" Jenna smiled. Tears formed in her eyes even though she knew full well Elijah would be restored to his normal self. He caressed his cheek and accidentally smeared blood.

"Why have you got his blood on your face?" Elijah asked and Jenna kicked herself for being so careless. She tried to wipe the dried blood of her mouth but it wouldn't work.

"Um" she thought "Mikael, uh wiped his blood over my face, some sort of vampire psycho torcher thing" she lied. She didn't think it was time to tell Elijah, he may turn on her like Gus did.

Elijah slumped, relaxing his muscles against Jenna's body. "Thankyou" he closed his mouth on her lips and rested his forehead against hers.

"It's alright; but if I were you; I'd go and find Klaus" Jenna suggested

Elijah looked at her in confusion, why go and find Klaus? "Why?" He asked

"Well, he woke up about half an hour ago, looked at the body, smiled and disappeared, didn't look suspicious whatsoever" she explained "I would come with you, but I have men to bury and other men to find" she nodded

"Okay" Elijah was silent, in thought "we'll meet back at yours at 9.00?" He smiled.

"Sure" she smiled back, trying to control the fool she looked like before walking away.

"Oh Jenna?" Elijah asked whilst she was on her way back to her group.

"Yeah?" She turned around to see Elijah speed closer to her. He kissed her passionately, his hand on the bottom of her back, holding her upright due to the force of the kiss.

"I love you" he smiled as they parted.

"You love me?" She asked surprised. Gus never said that to her. She longed for him to say it but he never did, she always made excuses for him. "I love you too" she smiled, placing one more kiss on his mouth before disappearing.

When he was gone, Jenna proceeded to walk through.

"Jenna?" Toby looked at her "are you okay?" He stepped up to her slowly, followed by the rest of her remaining group

"Yeah why?" She asked before feeling dizzy and fuzzy. She felt like she had been hit in the head a million times. The figures of her group all faded into one huge blur as she squinted her eyes to try and see better.

"Call Elijah" James said "she doesn't look good" Jenna saw him walk closer to her

"No" she said, her voice dripped with anger and she didn't know why. "No don't I'm fine" but she wasn't fine and she knew that.

And then; everything went black.