Chapter three || FOR YOUR LOVE

First person://

My alcohol tolerance is so low I've had a pounding headache. I've been stuck in bed all day replying to angry friends that my attraction had caused me to abandon them at the club.

Rosa: Where did you disappear to last night?

Me: I needed some fresh air so I walked home from the club, it was too noisy for me.

Ana: I wish I would've known, I would've driven you I was supposed to get everyone home safe.

Me: I'm sorry!

Ana: It's okay! You're safe, that's what matters, don't worry about it!

Rosa: I call bullshit.

Me: What?

Rosa: You definitely got railed last night.

Me: No I didn't Rosa you know I hate clubs anyways.

Rosa: whatever.

There was no sense in telling them what happened between Rosa's inability to keep a secret and Ana's optimism of the possibility anyone can be "the one"

Ana: Well I don't know if you two are up for it but there's a music festival tonight but it's an hour from here, I was hoping to go?

Rosa: Yeah as long as there's booze.

I pause to think if Damiano will be there. Im sure he will be but what are the chances he even remembers my name?

Me: I'm free

Ana: Yay I'll pick you up at 10:00 tonight

10:00p.m

I curl my medium length brown hair, put on a a white sundress with puffy sleeves, a pair of white Birkenstocks and finish my makeup.

Ana: We're here!                                      
Rosa: Get in bitch.                                      

I grab my tote and rush out the door.

"You look nice." Ana says.
"Yeah expecting to see anyone?" Rosa accuses.
"No I just wanted to dress nice is it that big of a deal?" I snap.

They stare at me blankly. I didn't realize how harsh my tone was.

"I'm sorry," I say.
"I'm just really tired."
"Yeah long night." Rosa snarled.

Ana jacks up the static stereo and we drive in silence.

We arrive to a outdoor stage surrounded by a large roaring crowd full of intoxicated teens and adults.

"I thought this was a little music festival? I say.

"I thought so too..." Ana utters.

"Well if you need me look for the alcohol." Rosa muffles shuffling away.

Slowly Ana and I make our way through the crowd nearly getting shoved over multiple times until we reach the stage.