Chapter Four || Belladonna

‼️TW//AlCOHOL ABUSE, SPIKING, ANXIETY‼️

First person://

The line begins ringing, as I anticipate an answer I impatiently pace around the dorm.

"Hello?" The familiar voice says.

I immediately plop down on the bed.

"Hey." I laugh awkwardly.
"Miss me so soon?" He teases.

I laugh.

"So there's an opening nightclub tomorrow night and I was wondering if you wanted to be my plus one?"

I beam with excitement.

"Absolutely, what time?" I answer.
"It opens at 12, I can pick you up." He exclaims.
"Great I'll send you my address!" I reply.
"Okay, we'll you better get some sleep... it's gonna be a late night tomorrow." He commanded.
"Goodnight." I reply.
"Ciao babe."

When the call ends I sigh and collapse onto my bed. I smile holding my phone to my chest.

The next morning

I brushed my hair and put on Damiano black oversized t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

"Shoot I should return this today." I think to myself.

My phone buzzes.

Rosa: Can we meet up?
Ana: When and where?
Rosa: Little caffè around the corner?
Me: See you soon.

Rosa has been spiralling since breaking up with Ninetta. Convincing herself that alcohol would numb what she refers to "A waste of three years".

I lace my beat up high tops and proceed to open the door to walk to the café.

...

The door chimes as I notice Rosa's head on her crossed arms resting motionlessly on the table and a worried look growing on Ana's face.

Rosa looked horrible; she was wearing a black hoodie with her usually perfect curly red hair peaking out now completely tangled and frizzy, her eye makeup smeared on her face after she obviously didn't wash it off last night.

"Staring is rude." She groaned.
"I'm sorry." I reply.
"I'm so sorry about last night, I really messed up this time..." she begins.
"I have no control I just," her voice begins to break.
"I miss her."
"We understand." Ana says and I nod my head in agreement.
"Maybe we can spend the day together as a distraction?" I suggest.

Rosa's lips curl.

"Yes that would be great." She beams.

We decide to go to the Giardino Degli Aranci. The flowers were absolutely stunning. Vines covered the vintage court yard, beautiful voluptuous hydrangeas swayed in the wind. Roses won majority of course but I always found them clichè. Bittersweet are my favorite, and not because the fact purple is my favourite Color but simply what they symbolize; Truth. I went so long suffering from lies.

"So what is everyone's plans tonight?" Ana asks.
"Nothing why?" Reply's Rosa.
"I was think maybe you wanted to stay over?"
"Oh I have to study." I lie.
"Your classes don't start for another week..." Ana implies.