Chapter Seven

Katsumi couldn't help but to feel giddily as she stepped out of the plane. It was so hard to stop the huge smile that took over her face.

"KATSUKO!" She heard someone call 'her name' and when she looked up she saw Shawn. She immediately ran up to him.

"Hi Shawn." She responded completely forgetting that she was supposed to be Katsuko.

Shawn looked at her completely caught off guard. Never in his life had the arrogant KASTUKO BAKUGOU-CRUISE greeted him except for today.

"D-did you just greet me?" He stuttered still not being sure that he had heard her correctly.

"No!" Katsumi spat out harshly as she realised her mistake.

"Penguin, can we hurry this up. I don't have the time to be standing in an airport the whole day." She said feeling bad that she actually had to act like her rude sister.

'Yeah, I was totally imagining it.'

Shawn thought as he grabbed her suitcase and started heading toward the car. On the journey to the house Katsumi felt her heart begin to race.

In just a few minutes she was going to meet her mother for the first time. Her hand were shaking as endless thoughts roamed her mind.

"We are here Katsuko." Shawn announces and Katsumi felt her heart stop for a second.

She got out the car and walked toward the front door. This was it. Behind that door was her mother.

"Welcome back dear." A voice greeted her as soon as she stepped through the door.

"Grandpa." She said plainly as she went to give him a hug.

She was sure not to make the same mistake she did with Shawn. She had to keep her best Katsuko act on.

"Wow you seem to have grown quite a bit. Now why don't you go greet you mother. She has missed you so much." Masaru said before releasing his granddaughter from the hug who immediately tensed up at the mention of her mother.

She then ran toward the stairs only to see he mother coming down. She was in awe as she stared at her mother. She could not believe this moment was actually real.

"Katsuko, honey you are finally back home." Y/N said happily as she walked toward her daughter.

Katsumi on the other hand froze. Her mind was not able to process that her mother was actually infront of her. No matter how much she actually wanted to act like Katsuko she couldn't. She felt tears began to pool up in her eyes.

"M-mommy..." She whispered before throwing herself into her mother's arms.

Y/N was caught off guard by the action but never the less accepted it with a joyful heart. It was rare for Katsuko to show her affection.

"My love is something wrong?" Y/N asked as she felt her daughter shaking in her arms.

"N-no, I just missed you so much." Katsumi responded which surprised Y/N since Katsuko would never admit something like that so openly.

"I missed you too my sweetheart. Now tell me how the camp was." Y/N said as she pulled back from the hug and whipped Katsumi's tears away.

She also admired her daughter's face as if felt like it had been forever since she had last seen her.

"It was okay I guess. Most of the extras didn't bother me as much since they saw that I did not want to be near them but there was this one girl who I had to share a room with. She was so annoying and wouldn't leave me alone." She explained shifting back to Katsuko's personality since she did not want them to get suspicious so early on.

"Katsuko I told you to please stop calling people extras. It's not nice. Anyway would you like to come to the company with me?" Y/N asked and Katsumi immediately nodded her head which once again which surprised Y/N but she didn't say anything.

Katsumi was more than happy to spend more time with her mother.

***

When they arrived people were running around trying to prepare everything for the next show. Katsumi was amazed that her mother had owned all of this.

If it wasn't for her dream to become a hero like her dad then she would have wanted to become a fashion designer.

"I'm glad you are here Ms Cruise. Everything is ready for the winter line but there is something that is not right about one of the outfits on the model." One of the assistant designers said which made Y/N's mindset immediately turn into a work mindset.

"Ok first, change the material around the neck to this one here..." Katsumi lost track of what her mother was saying as she so fascinated in her mother.

She looked so beautiful in her element. Everything about her was so beautiful. She also lost track of time as she just continued to watch her mother as she worked. It was something she knew she would never get enough of.

"What's with the smile little missy?" Y/N asked as she looked at her daughter.

Katsumi's smile immediately vanished knowing that it was not something that Katsuko did often.

"W-what smile? Who is smiling? You are imagining things?" Katsumi fumbled over her words which made her mother laugh a bit.

"Take it easy darling. I won't tell anyone that you were smiling. Anyway, I'm sorry for taking so long. It's just with the new collection there has been a lot of work around here." Y/N said as they began walking out of the building.

"It's okay mom." Katsuko said unconscious before she could stop herself which made Y/N look at her weirdly.

"Ko are you alright? You've been acting so differently." Y/N questioned as she looked at her daughter.

"Ya." Katsumi simply answered before looking away.

A few moments of silence went by before Katsumi decided to ask something.

"Hey mom, how did you and dad meet?" She asked and saw how her mother's eyes widened a bit.

"Why are you suddenly asking? You've never been curious about him before." Y/N asked.

"Well um... I just became a little curious about it when I was at the camp and decided that now was the best time to ask." She explained and her mother simply nodded.

"Well... We met at UA since we wanted to be heros. Your dad and I didn't really get along so our fights would really get on people's nerves especially our teacher Mr Aizawa. We continued like that until he finally had enough and decided to put us under house arrest. That is were you father and I became close and found out that we actually had a lot of things in common. A few weeks after that we started dating and when we were twenty we got married even though people said that it was a bad idea. Things went bad after that and we decided that it was best for us to get divorced but then we found out we were having you so we tried again but it's still didn't work out." Y/N explained everything as best as she could trying to not let anything slip.

"That's cool but don't you sometimes miss him?" Katsumi asked looking at her mom intently.

Something flashed in her eyes and she could quite understand what it was.

"I guess sometimes I do but I've moved on from that stage in my life." Y/N answered truthfully and Katsumi was able to detect the sadness in her voice.